What's new

dremcast

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi briZzo thank u a lot I’m wishing for the 256 multi dongle . I have one question/favor i have some system 256 games teken 5 dr kinimuman gundan and super dragon ball Z all
Original including dongle but super dragon ball z is to scratch and game got freez after a while I try to copy or download but now way I test many computer dvd drivers no one of them work and can not find the iso file . Do u have and iso of this game ?? Or know where to download it ?

Hi briZzo thank u a lot I’m wishing for the 256 multi dongle . I have one question/favor i have some system 256 games teken 5 dr kinimuman gundan and super dragon ball Z all
Original including dongle but super dragon ball z is to scratch and game got freez after a while I try to copy or download but now way I test many computer dvd drivers no one of them work and can not find the iso file . Do u have and iso of this game ?? Or know where to download it ?
Look at the Roll-Up Pack thread in this subforum and read it carefully. Your answers are in there.

there is a mistake on the spreadsheet, dragon ball z is actually a cdrom and not a dvdrom, it has to be corrected, so you have to extract cd iso with CHDMAN

there is a mistake on the spreadsheet, dragon ball z is actually a cdrom and not a dvdrom, it has to be corrected, so you have to extract cd iso with CHDMAN
Well, it is a DVD (says MAME and the image below). If you were able to extract it from chd to an ISO using "extractcd" what happened next? Did you burn it to a CD? Did it run? My guess is that it might extract, but that's probably it. try extractraw and then burn it to a dvd...

If it does work I’ll provably want to repack the CHD and submit it to mame. Let me know if you can, or I’ll try in a couple days when I have some time.

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
I use extractraw to a .iso extension with dvd images, works great, unless I'm technically incorrect. Always can be wrong lol. But that's my process to test a backup dongle, which works fine.

worked for me as cd and not as dvd... has to retry to burn with slower speed

there is a mistake on the spreadsheet, dragon ball z is actually a cdrom and not a dvdrom
I use extractraw to a .iso extension with dvd images, works great
I checked the "db1.chd", it is in fact stored as a CD/ISO image -- "chdman info -i db1.chd"

Well, it is a DVD (says MAME and the image below). If you were able to extract it from chd to an ISO using "extractcd" what happened next? Did you burn it to a CD? Did it run? My guess is that it might extract, but that's probably it. try extractraw and then burn it to a dvd...
Your photo raises a valid point, and in fact the MAME source does state it is a DVD, but the chd is packed as CD/ISO. I extracted the chd using both "extractcd" and "extractraw" and the result from extractcd is correct, a valid iso9660 image. Only 412mb of data.

@ekorz if you have an original disc, I send you software and instructions to make a correct dump of the disc for both mame and redump :)

@brizzo Unfortunately I don’t have an original. But couldn’t you extract the chd as a cd, write it to a disc, then extract that raw? I would think the result would be suitable for a dvd. Maybe I’ll try it tonight.

That would be the original data, just packed correctly.

Though the mame folks probably wouldn’t accept it. Last time I tried to suggest a change without owning an original I got shot down!

Anyway @archimage I can make a note on the spreadsheet in the meantime, thanks for your research! Maybe I’ll make a column with the actual chdman commands for folks to copy/paste.

Asked the Redump guys best way to determine disc type, they suggested using ImgBurn as it clearly tells you the type of disc currently in the drive :)

They said there are known instances of a CD having the DVD logo on it

How to make a disc image:

The preferred tool is to use DiscImageCreator -- http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9cwf48f/DiscImageCreator_test.7z (More information here)

DiscImageCreator is ran from the command line, here are some examples:

Making DVD image:

DiscImageCreator dvd K: ZDX1 1

Making CD image:

DiscImageCreator cd K: NPY1 1

Explained:

First parameter is the disc type (cd or dvd), K: is the drive letter containing the disc, ZDX1/NPY1 is the name you decide for the image (I am using the code found on the disc and dongle), 1 is the read speed used

Extras:

It is also preferred if you can also scan both the front and back of the disc at 300 dpi :D

This is the info that ImgBurn gives for the disc:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 EX00 (SATA)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 211 172
Size: 432 480 256 bytes
Time: 46:57:47 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 211171)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 211172)

Track Information:
Session 1...
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 211172, LRA: 211171)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196 608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 407 779
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0
Anyway, I'll make an image of it, scan both sides and send the files to @rtw.

i have original disk i also extrad chd mame but is a cd and dont let me write as a dvd. should i write as a cd and test on the system 256?
i also insert original disk in my pc dvd writer and dosentr read i thik is too scratch. what could i do?

well today i try diferents dvd writers and my old hddvd and blyray combo from lg read the disck even witch the scratches and made a iso file
size 500 megs like the mame one but like a dvd image and write properly this afternoom will test and report here

Last edited:
Back