What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
rewrite and I are stumped as to what is causing this. I checked the ground from monitor to neck and its there.

Did the best i could but phone suck

Very hard to see. I don't see jailbars at all.

here you can see them here
HGOgfBp.jpg

I see scanlines I don't see any jailbars?

Also, how the hell did I not know there is a Ghostbusters arcade game. I need to look into this.

I need to look into this.
It's.... not very good? It's a re-spriting of a Japanese game based on a manga IIRC. One of those "if you have nostalgia for it" kind of games tbh.

I see scanlines I don't see any jailbars?

Also, how the hell did I not know there is a Ghostbusters arcade game. I need to look into this.
I can clearly see them under capcom at least 3 darker colors areas.

Can you display some different solid color screens with a PC or other device?
That would quickly rule out burn-in if the jail bar effect disappears when changing sources.

Can you display some different solid color screens with a PC or other device?
That would quickly rule out burn-in if the jail bar effect disappears when changing sources.
I have a computer but no vga port or adapter or a cord. I'm not sure changing colors would cause jailbars to go away. They are still there in colored scenes just not as visable.

Last edited:
I think it would be better to display the solid color screens at the same scan rate (15khz) as the jail bar screens.
However this would still rule out any tube burn, so sure go for it.

ya I guess it could be my 15hz failing. In hope its not screen burn. If it is kc really fucked me. Because one monitor if a convergence strip doesn't fix it the monitor well need its yoke moved. And this one would have bad burn in. I had a guy pick out my cabs and its not what I got.

1. Ghostbusters is a reskinning of Meikyu Hunter G.

2. Are you talking about the purple spots on the white background? Have you deguassed the monitor?

3. The convergence on that tube is off slightly in the lower right. I'm thinking in the transit from CA to HI, maybe the purity and convergence rings moved a bit. Purity would give you those discolored blotches. Are all of the wedges still in place on the yoke and is the screw holding the rings tight?

burn in can be seen on the tube if you put a strong light faced to it when it's powered off, it looks like slight burn in on your picture but it's very hard to say it can be anything

If it is kc really fucked me.
I've personally dealt with KC twice, first time (Vewlix Capcom) everything was perfect.
2nd time (Vewlix Diamond) it arrived with all kinds of damage I was NOT made aware of before/when I purchased it.

I ended up spending over 600$ on replacement parts directly from Taito.
Even after that, I'll never get the dent out of the lower portion of the cab (near the coin door).
It was my last KC transaction, as I feel I should have been made aware of the damage or refunded (at least partially) for the replacements.

My latest cab (the Vewlix L-AMI) hasn't arrived yet, so I can't really speak about how Cerith is to deal with.
I will say this... I paid for the cab in late Aug, and it still hasn't shipped out to me yet.
Approaching two months... So uh, yea. :/

I can say it's a Sega Blast City from the speakers and the screen.

These screens are as good as rare with perfect condition.

The Blast city is well known to have the most beautiful quality crt trisync screen but very random convergence, they had some bad settings out of the factory.

If it's convergence, it can be fixed with some tinkering but it's up to your patience and will to achieve perfection. It can be not far from perfect but believe me it's very long.

Burn in has no solution, it's permanent wear of the coat inside the tube. You would need to find a spare equivalent tube to swap.

But be aware even with slight burn in visible only on whites these screens are awesome, and most of them has burn in because arcade machines lived 12h a day for about 25 years now and give a still stunning quality.

It's very rare to find a machine that is perfect.

And you know what ? It doesn't matter because it's part of the charm of arcade.

Another good news, you can still spot another screen, another chassis or whatever part misses you if you feel you need to upgrade, it's just a matter of patience.

Meanwhile you can learn, play and enjoy you superb cab.

Arcade is a quest, you can't just buy the perfect cabinet in one shot, you will constatly tinker it, spot spare parts, fix things. (Yes parts are very old they can die on you at any time so be aware and prepared for that...)

Now you are worried but later you will thank the guy who sold it to you because of the good time it will give you.

It's very rare to find a machine that is perfect.

Arcade is a quest, you can't just buy the perfect cabinet in one shot, you will constatly tinker it.
I absolutely love your attitude.
Thank you. I could not remember it.

OMG you are the anti-Jassin!

I constantly strive for perfection, I find zero charm/appeal in failure and I have zero tolerance for it.
I absolutely love your attitude.
Huh, I just don't understand it.
The only quest I'm on is to play games, bullshit like trashy CRT screens that need work have nothing to do with why I love this hobby.

Sure I work in my projects, but it's because I want results (ie ability to play the games) so I can stop working on them and just enjoy.

To me it's like someone saying "part of the joy of watching movies is adjusting the tracking on the VCR" what? No its NOT!
The joy of watching movies comes from watching fucking movies. :P

If you enjoy working on games/PCBs more than you enjoy playing games that's OK...
But I'm got some news for you... You are NOT a gamer, you are a tech. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with that, but to enjoy our condition,it's always good to remember that perfection needs time knowledge and patience.

In my experience tinkering and learning is as satisfying as playing.

If I just wanted to play games with no tinkering I would go completely digital and play everything on my PC but I freaking love everything about analog pictures and sound, even it's old and needs work, money time and tinkering I just don't feel the same pleasure with modern hardware.

Last edited:

2. Are you talking about the purple spots on the white background? Have you deguassed the monitor?

3. The convergence on that tube is off slightly in the lower right. I'm thinking in the transit from CA to HI, maybe the purity and convergence rings moved a bit. Purity would give you those discolored blotches. Are all of the wedges still in place on the yoke and is the screw holding the rings tight?
the convergence was way worse. I spent 6 hours trying to get it better. Its still off on all 4 sides but I am out of strips and it way better. I gotta get more strips but I am out and I can't find anymore.

I think its all in place. I can take a picture of it later I has to go to work. I can say this I could slightly rotate the yoke a 19mm and fix the slant but when I let go it went back. The slant isn't that bad. The yellow marker on the convergence tabs look like they haven't moved I could be wrong but its only the sides that are wonky.
Yes I have degaused it many times with the button.

Another good news, you can still spot another screen, another chassis or whatever part misses you if you feel you need to upgrade, it's just a matter of patience.

Arcade is a quest, you can't just buy the perfect cabinet in one shot, you will constatly tinker it, spot spare parts, fix things. (Yes parts are very old they can die on you at any time so be aware and prepared for that)
iv already bought a new cp from no that was restored. Its getting delivered today. 2 new marquee holders a new psu for backup.

Problem with the bigger parts is that I'm in Hawaii. I was quoted about 495 in shipping of a monitor to hawaii.
Kc said he would give me another back end to a blast because one came with a hole/dent but problem is shipping.

If I do end up taking off yoke and adjusting it what's the compound to use l. Its a white glob of stuff on the sides on mine.

Back