What's new
For those members in the US that need less than 10 units, I'll volunteer to distribute to the first 15 US-based A-P.com members that PM me. I need 6-15 myself. Here is how I'll do it if anyone is up for it:
  • Order the exact quanity from UD and be completely transparent of the total cost to anyone that wants to jump in
    • Will set up a group PM
  • Cost to the members per unit shall be:
    • Per Unit Cost to Member = Total Cost shipped from UD / Total Units
  • Total Cost to Member Shipped
    • (Quantity shipped * Per Unit Cost to Member) + Postage
Postage shall be $4.25 ($3.50 USPS 1st Class + the cost of a padded envelop).

One time thing. The only unknowns in the equations above is how much the cost of shipping is from UD and if UD is cool with it. After this, will let PAS handle things going forward. Let's set the time to close out on joining to 1 week before UD annouces when they'll be available for order.

@undamned, if you're not cool with this, let me know and I'll delete this post.

Remember that to a "hardcore" collector, even installing one of your fantastic devices would void its original battery based design.
So to someone like that, yea it's already one big CD-R... Where is the line drawn?
Speaking for myself, I believe that the InfiniKey and solutions like it are the perfect compromise for CPS2. From a code execution perspective, it's equivalent to a game on battery.

From a collecting perspective, it requires installation of a device one time, rather than having to replace batteries every 3-5 years. This cuts down on the wear and tear of reopening the case and desoldering and then soldering a new battery in every time. Across enough boards and batteries over the next 30 years, one (or more) battery is bound to leak and damage its PCB.

Obviously, from a gaming perspective, many people are fine playing these games in MAME for free, or playing versions of them on PS4 for a bit of money, or getting a multikit. No point in arguing preference here.

Down the road, if I were to sell my collection, I could easily remove the InfiniKey and replace it with a battery for the next collector. However, given that folks will be able to reverse the installation of an InfiniKey themselves, I imagine that alone will prevent them from doing so.

I just don't understand you guys...
I know the collector mentality would never be satisfied with something viewed as bootleg...
Hey, answered your own question! I'm not offended. Just don't care to have the thread cluttered up any more than it already is with arguments that don't need to be here.

I'm fine with this. Thanks for organizing! :)
-ud

For those members in the US that need less than 10 units, I'll volunteer to distribute to the first 15 US-based A-P.com members that PM me. I need 6-15 myself. Here is how I'll do it if anyone is up for it:
  • Order the exact quanity from UD and be completely transparent of the total cost to anyone that wants to jump in
    • Will set up a group PM

One time thing. The only unknowns in the equations above is how much the cost of shipping is from UD and if UD is cool with it. After this, will let PAS handle things going forward. Let's set the time to close out on joining to 1 week before UD annouces when they'll be available for order.

@acblunden2 I am in. Looking to get 5 InfiniKeys.

• Will set up a group PM

I'm interested too. Definitely want 9.

Let me get this straight. (Just making sure here)

Even if the game has already suicided or not. Solder this little board in place, solder the pads for your game, solder the jumper wires and your up and running? (since it already has all the keys) - All providing your board is not toast of course!

Both my games are still going strong, but this is awesome if it does

@kamshaft, that is correct. Exceptions being, games with modified program files (Phoenix, Avalaunch, etc.) or games with hardware issues unrelated to losing the key (acid damage, etc.).
-ud

hi,

I wish to buy 10.

please give me the website to buy 10 of this?

Thank You

Wow someone else living in Singapore on the forums :)

If you read the thread you will see it's not available yet, so there's no website to speak of for the moment.

Thank you for the info undamned

Are you refering to the chip to allow the CPS2 board to work with out the battery? How much does 1 item of this chip cost?

Or are you referring to the UD-CPS2 Undamned ? How much does 1 item of this cost? Any Idea of a ETA for this to be available?

Thank you Kindly

Thanks for the info @parodius

Kind Regards

:)

Anyone in the US that wants less than 10 check this post. So far we have 5 ppl in the group buy and are going to order 22-31 units.

Are you refering to the chip to allow the CPS2 board to work with out the battery? How much does 1 item of this chip cost?
Yes, this discussion is for InfiniKey only. If you buy directly from me 10 or more pieces, $10 ea. If you want less than 10 pieces, and you can be part of a group buy (not organized by me) or purchase from a distributor when they are available, price not controlled by me.

Or are you referring to the UD-CPS2 Undamned ? How much does 1 item of this cost? Any Idea of a ETA for this to be available?
No. That is different thread: DIY UD-CPS2 Kit
It will be a kit. I hope to have working prototype of new design end of year. Sales will begin when design finalized, next year.
-ud

I'll also up my order to 10. I don't mind selling a few here in Toronto if anyone is interested.

@undamned

If you have a board with one of these installed that you want to use for the Darksoft multi, what do you do? Remove it completely or is there some bypass?

Just remove. It's not hard. Just get a blob of solder moving back and forth across the header.
-ud

Back