What's new
Our stock arrived today, will be shipping our existing orders tomorrow :D

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-15 at 17.01.08.jpeg

We sold 90, I was keeping 10 back as stock for mail in installs but I have just put them up for sale. Will order some more when they are available.

I got my hands on a few InfiniKeys yesterday (thanks again, @nem), and while thinking about which board I should try installing one on first, the following question popped into my head:

One of the boards I own is a Japanese AvP (avspj). Would it be possible to convert it to a EU or US version (avsp/avspu) using the InfiniKey? Now, I'm a complete novice when it comes to performing conversions, but looking at the MAME source code, the only ROMs that seem to differ between the different versions are program ROM #3 and #4. If I burned the EU/US ROMs onto some EPROMs, and configured the jumpers on the InfiniKey to match the new version, the board should work, right?

One of the boards I own is a Japanese AvP (avspj). Would it be possible to convert it to a EU or US version (avsp/avspu) using the InfiniKey? Now, I'm a complete novice when it comes to performing conversions, but looking at the MAME source code, the only ROMs that seem to differ between the different versions are program ROM #3 and #4. If I burned the EU/US ROMs onto some EPROMs, and configured the jumpers on the InfiniKey to match the new version, the board should work, right?
Yep, I did a D&D for a friend that way :)
-ud

Just installed Infinikeys on two boards and they were a super simple and fast install!

This might have been said before, but i dont want to read 17 pages of posts...
While installing, i thought to myself "how is anyone going to know that this is in here without popping it open?".
It would be great to have a tiny sticker packaged with the infinikey, around the size of a quarter or something, basically explaining the Infinikey has been installed on this board and briefly what it is/does. Could be placed by one of the screws on the underside or anywhere else...

Thanks for this though!!

Just installed Infinikeys on two boards and they were a super simple and fast install!

While installing, i thought to myself "how is anyone going to know that this is in here without popping it open?".
It would be great to have a tiny sticker packaged with the infinikey, around the size of a quarter or something, basically explaining the Infinikey has been installed on this board and briefly what it is/does. Could be placed by one of the screws on the underside or anywhere else...

Thanks for this though!!
Check the two posts below.
Alrighty bud, one last question. Us responsible CPS2 B-board owners have swapped out our batteries and added labels with the surgery dates to let us know when we have to do this again in the future. We don't need to do that anymore. But how about an official undamned CPS2 Infinikey logo we can print out and slap on the boards so that it can be known that this board doesn't need to be troubled with again?

CPS2_Label.JPG
hows this:
undamned_infinikey_sticker_ts.jpg

Thanks for this though!!
Cool!

Someone made a printable logo on page 15. Could just print out a bunch of those and packing tape them on. That's what I used to do on my Avalaunch stuff.
-ud

Here is my jap MVC b game with battery (93 / 09 - i think it's from September,1993) replaced with the InfiniKey ^^

ps : Hey, mr. @Ud, you were right about my CPS2 jap MVC game - is a rev.4 (i don't like them :whistling:)

Attachments

• Board.jpg
    Board.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20190123_120246_resized_20190123_025359932.jpg
    IMG_20190123_120246_resized_20190123_025359932.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20190123_142804_resized_20190123_023245609.jpg
    IMG_20190123_142804_resized_20190123_023245609.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20190123_143028_resized_20190123_023246426.jpg
    IMG_20190123_143028_resized_20190123_023246426.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
hows this:
undamned_infinikey_sticker_ts.jpg
The sticker looks fantastic! You wouldn't happen to have the original in a vectorised format? I was thinking of ordering a small number of stickers through Stickermule to go with my Infinikeys, but the minimum height they allow is 1", and I think the current file would come out pixellated.

You wouldn't happen to have the original in a vectorised format?
Sorry I don't have it in vector. The logo, border and infinity symbol all came from raster sources. the file I posted is also the highest resolution version of it (I sized everything based on the highest res logo image I had).

Received my batch yesterday :D
Will try tomorrow on a suicided black board first.

Here's a quick conversion I did of the logo to vector. Compatible with Illustrator CS6 and up.

I haven't used Illustrator in years, but maybe it's a foundation someone can use to work with and clean up?

Attachments

• infinikey-make me beautiful.zip
    314.2 KB · Views: 221
With the news of InfiniKey I finally took the plunge and picked up a "Very Good" Condition Japanese A Board and a "Like New" Street Fighter Zero 2.

I want to get Multi-Kit Next.

Just 1 question but the CPS2 System which does not belong here, can you convert Street Fighter "Zero" 2 to Street Fighter Alpha 2 by burning the USA Version or is there protection in place ? Do not really want to start a new thread.

can you convert Street Fighter "Zero" 2 to Street Fighter Alpha 2 by burning the USA Version or is there protection in place ? Do not really want to start a new thread.
After burning the appropriate EPROMs, the only protection is the decryption key, which the InfiniKey solves. Previously discussed towards the top of this page: InfiniKey-CPS2
-ud

can you convert Street Fighter "Zero" 2 to Street Fighter Alpha 2 by burning the USA Version or is there protection in place ? Do not really want to start a new thread.
After burning the appropriate EPROMs, the only protection is the decryption key, which the InfiniKey solves. Previously discussed towards the top of this page: InfiniKey-CPS2-ud
Thanks ud :)

enjoy :)

Not saying I'm a Illustrator expert, so someone else might get better results...
ZIP contains the source AI file, PDF file for print and SVG file for webviewing or whatever :P

preview in PNG (do not use this for printing...)

PP_undamned_infinikey_sticker_ts.png

Attachments

• PP_undamned_infinikey_sticker_ts.zip
    208 KB · Views: 193
Back