What's new
Pulled this battery off a working SFZ3. This must of been the original battery, never changed in over 20 years.

MqLcvHK.jpg

Pulled this battery off a working SFZ3. This must of been the original battery, never changed in over 20 years.

MqLcvHK.jpg
mine was 93/09 ... 26 years (i didn't explain much,but i think the game wasn't used too much)

I did an install.

Removed battery, and did an install on Street Fighter Zero 3. It was working fine but now I am getting solid color.

I will try to clean up and recheck.

I did an install.

Removed battery, and did an install on Street Fighter Zero 3. It was working fine but now I am getting solid color.

Could be that the jumper keys aren't set properly from the sounds of it.

Jumpers not set properly is more likely to give a flashing screen like watchdog, because the keys are being written, failed and it resets

I'd guess in this case that the pins aren't soldered to the header properly or the +5 isn't connected properly

I did an install.

A photo would answer a lot of questions.-ud
A photo of the board, of course. A selfie might also answer a lot of questions - just different questions! :D

What revision of B-board is it?

Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I opened up A and B and re-seated the ROM chips on B Game Board. The game starts but this happens. If freezes after a few rounds.

I did the install myself, did I miss anything ?

Just wanted to mention, A Board is good I swapped the game to Street Fighter Alpha 2(Zero 2) played it for a while...no issues or Super Street Fighter 2 works perfectly.

I was extremely careful, I hope I did not mess anything up unintentionally. From visible inspection everything looks okay. NO broken traces or anything else for that matter.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• A + B.jpg
    A + B.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 210
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 211
  • B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 214
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Game.jpg
    Game.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
In photo labeled B2, it looks like the Rev 5 jumper might be bridged with the +5 point on the cap next to it. Can you test with a meter and make sure it isn't?

In photo labeled B2, it looks like the Rev 5 jumper might be bridged with the +5 point on the cap next to it. Can you test with a meter and make sure it isn't?

@Max_Power your soldering looks fine. Was the game dead when you got it? If you still have a good battery on hand, solder it back in, power up (so the key gets written), power down, desolder the Infinikey, power back up and play for a while. Does your game still malfunction?

In my experience, either the Infinikey works or it doesn't. I've never seen "sorta works and then fails."
-ud

Finally got around to getting some Infinikeys installed, work perfectly. Thanks again for making such an easy to use product!

Super Street Fighter II X - rev 6
Street Fighter Zero - rev 7

Battery in the SSFIIX was from '94! o_O

Attachments

• i-hPZP8rm-L.jpg
    i-hPZP8rm-L.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 166
@Max_Power your soldering looks fine. Was the game dead when you got it? If you still have a good battery on hand, solder it back in, power up (so the key gets written), power down, desolder the Infinikey, power back up and play for a while. Does your game still malfunction?

In my experience, either the Infinikey works or it doesn't. I've never seen "sorta works and then fails."
-ud
Hi UD, just wanted to provide you with an update. I am not sure what happened but the game is working without issues. I played it for good 45 mins and I let it run for 4 to 5 hours.

I guess the InfiniKey got scared and started working correctly once I reported it to its master !!!

I am about to start the operation you suggested.... haha

Thank you

I'd like to purchase a few of these but I don't need 10. Any idea when there will be a restock at Paradise Arcade Shop?

I'd like to purchase a few of these but I don't need 10. Any idea when there will be a restock at Paradise Arcade Shop?
Hoping to have them in hand by end of month, which means distros will likely have them early March.
-ud

@undamned

These are AMAZING!!! Thank you!

Got two of my boards modded :)

X-Men Vs SF

9kV4fOyl.jpg

HUr9eZyl.jpg

C4eqskDl.jpg

Darkstalkers

LPGnIyll.jpg

kPPwDMal.jpg

En6hlfyl.jpg

..and yup I have the shells and feet for both .. missing clips that holds the A&B boards together if someone knows where to buy those. Just had the shell off for testing and pictures.

Also much props to @Maverick1978 for taking care of the solder work for me!!!!

Last edited:
Back