What's new
Undamned, if for some reason I still want to run some unencrypted roms temporarily on a board that has an infinikey installed, is it just a matter of opening all 8 jumpers/setting them to 00000000 ? In the jumper reference sheet this setting is labelled as [unused].

Undamned, if for some reason I still want to run some unencrypted roms temporarily on a board that has an infinikey installed, is it just a matter of opening all 8 jumpers/setting them to 00000000 ? In the jumper reference sheet this setting is labelled as [unused].
That is correct!
-ud

Just wanted to say thanks again @undamned for creating this. I really appreciate the well thought out design to cover all revisions. That is just super slick! Also thanks to the teams that developed the process to get us this far! ArcadeHacker et al! :)

Very nice! The quality of the board is very good, the castellated edges are rock solid and the ENIG finish looks killer! The solid white silk-screen on the bottom layer to give a little extra protection is also a nice touch.

Upgraded my phoenix Progear last night to encrypted with infiniKey, and happy to report it worked on my first attempt, which is not very common when I mod something :)

One wish if you do another revision of it, is to make the power pads more user friendly, I got a metcal iron and magnification so no issue - but had to take care to make it look neat.

Overall two thumbs up!

IMG_1473.JPG

Paradise Arcade shop just got their new batch in. Just ordered 2.

I need 2 or 3 of this great hardware.
Do you know where i can find them in EU?
Since the only store videogameperfection had no stock of them.

Videogameperfection is in the process of moving their shop. They should have more when they are back up and running.
-ud

Hello Undammed,

I bought two chips, I revived one cps2 ok(I have an issue with video that the output is green, but I'll check later), but my other board still broken.

I don't know if I did something wrong, I used the encryption code for sfz2h(My board is orange, the game is "Street Fighter Zero 2" from Mexico), but I don't know if it is correct. I attach Images, please help me.

- Infinikey installed:

img_7186.jpg

- Board chips:

img_7187.jpg

img_7188.jpg

Your board is a -4 so you need to close the jumper that says “leave open for -5” and connect your power and ground

Hello Undammed,

I bought two chips, I revived one cps2 ok(I have an issue with video that the output is green, but I'll check later), but my other board still broken.

I don't know if I did something wrong, I used the encryption code for sfz2h(My board is orange, the game is "Street Fighter Zero 2" from Mexico), but I don't know if it is correct. I attach Images, please help me.
Was this dead when you received it? Perhaps it has a problem other than battery failure? If definitely only battery failure, we still don't know which version of program is in the EPROMs because Capcom Mexico did lots of strange things. The proper way to find out which version requires an EPROM reader, but simplest way is just to try all the different SZ2 codes (SZ2A, B, E, H, J) on the InfiniKey
-ud

I've seen worse from the factory, lol

I installed an InfiniKey on an MvC with original battery and still had the C bolt and stickers in place, that was half EPROMs in place of the mask ROMs (factory repair

Most of them didn't have stickers over the windows and had felt pen numbers on them

Worked perfectly and I installed an InfiniKey on it so it will for a long time yet

Hello Undammed,

Was this dead when you received it? Perhaps it has a problem other than battery failure? If definitely only battery failure, we still don't know which version of program is in the EPROMs because Capcom Mexico did lots of strange things. The proper way to find out which version requires an EPROM reader, but simplest way is just to try all the different SZ2 codes (SZ2A, B, E, H, J) on the InfiniKey-ud
Hello,

The board was working when I did the installation, no issues with battery.

I'll try all the SZ2 codes in order to check if some of that works, I hope to revive the board. I also bought yesterday a eprom reader but it'll arrive in one month.

Also, my board is 4 version but I tested closing the pin because on the youtube video it said that is not mandatory. @undammed, is it mandatory to do this??

Your board is a -4 so you need to close the jumper that says “leave open for -5” and connect your power and ground

Hello Undammed,

Antother question, for the other cps2 board(sfa usa-version), I had revived it but the game is working shown all in the video on green. I removed the resistor, as the video said(youtube installation), this can cause the issue?

Also, the board was dead when I did the procedure, the person that sold the board said that the game was working well until the battery was changed incorrectly.

I'll try all the SZ2 codes in order to check if some of that works, I hope to revive the board. I also bought yesterday a eprom reader but it'll arrive in one month.
Ok, if game was working with battery, that's a good starting point. Yeah, try all SZ2 codes.

Also, my board is 4 version but I tested closing the pin because on the youtube video it said that is not mandatory. @undammed, is it mandatory to do this??

Rev. 5 Jumper does not matter on Rev 3/4 installation. It doesn't hurt open or shorted. There is only so much room for text on PCB, so that is simplest/safest text :)

Antother question, for the other cps2 board(sfa usa-version), I had revived it but the game is working shown all in the video on green. I removed the resistor, as the video said(youtube installation), this can cause the issue?

Also, the board was dead when I did the procedure, the person that sold the board said that the game was working well until the battery was changed incorrectly.
When you say "video on green," do you mean that game is running fine, but picture looks very green?
-ud

Ok, if game was working with battery, that's a good starting point. Yeah, try all SZ2 codes.

Rev. 5 Jumper does not matter on Rev 3/4 installation. It doesn't hurt open or shorted. There is only so much room for text on PCB, so that is simplest/safest text :)

When you say "video on green," do you mean that game is running fine, but picture looks very green?-ud
For the last response, yes, the game is ok, but the picture is very green. Is anything that I can do?

When you say "video on green," do you mean that game is running fine, but picture looks very green?-ud
For the last response, yes, the game is ok, but the picture is very green. Is anything that I can do?
That's an A Board problem. Not related to B board / InfiniKey. If your monitor has no problems, it's likely the Red and/or Blue video channel damaged on A board.
-ud

Back