What's new
My plan is to finish installing them on my collection, as a thorough test run and then I'll pull the trigger on a metric butt-ton of them (probably 1k units), as I know there will be plenty of demand.

Wow this is great news, will this work on the all in one black boards too? Sorry, I'm not up on my board revision numbers
That's the last thing I need to check. I'll post up when I find out. It should work, but until I test it I'm not going to make the claim.

Could/would you make these for CPS1.5 as well?
I've got a Punisher still on battery.
I actually spent a bit of time on that a week ago. I don't have a proven solution at the moment, but I'll post up if that changes :)
-ud

You're going to be causing quite the mass suicide with this unit. :D

if the pcb is already dead,there`s no going back with this, right?

If just the battery is dead, this is ideal and nothing other than an installation is necessary.

If the board is phoenixed, you will need to reflash the encrypted program code first.

Punisher would need 2, one for the Kabuki and one for the C board. The Kabuki is far more difficult to desuicide and a solution like this would be awesome for CPS1.5 if it appears at some point :)

I like the idea of the Japanese one since it's no solder but obviously requires the header that not all revisions have (only 1 of my 4 has the header and it's running the multi) - at least it can be replaced with a battery for purity if wanted :)

Can I put myself down for 3 of the CPS2 version please

Actually.... 5 please. I can use these instead of battery and Arduino when I desuicide boards for people

if the pcb is already dead,there`s no going back with this, right?
Absolutely, install this and it will flash the encryption keys on boot, no more battery required

If just the battery is dead, this is ideal and nothing other than an installation is necessary.

If the board is phoenixed, you will need to reflash the encrypted program code first.
Correct :)

I have a jap rev 7 MVC in my hands, besides my DS multi who i don't know what game was in the original form since i untied 3 serial numbers stickers from the case. :whistling:

Sir ... put me on the list for 1, for my spare MVC board :saint:

This is really impressive, very well done indeed. Put me down for a couple too please. :)

BTW, how long does it take to load the key on each boot? ArcadeHacker's Arduino single load method takes about 8 seconds if I recall correctly so I guess it's the same for the Infinikey on each boot?

Last edited:
Here is konsuke's comparison of all 3 boards currently being developed.

DpcDPkOUwAEVPxb.jpg:large

Can someone explain what the damping resistance refers to?

All of a sudden I dont feel sad that I removed batteries from perfectly working boards before putting them in the storage. This looks perfect.

Looks like the device would auto detect the game and the use the respective keys.

All of a sudden I dont feel sad that I removed batteries from perfectly working boards before putting them in the storage. This looks perfect.

Looks like the device would auto detect the game and the use the respective keys.
no you would have to configure it per game using the jumpers ;)

I tell a lie I would need at least 6 of these :D

@undamned care to comment on that clock resistor ?

Back