What's new
Ooh, CPicS2 is open source! Anyone got a link to the dev website?

Well considering our multi writes the key in less than a second I'm guessing it's not noticable on this device.

What percentage of boards are revision 5 and later? Being able to use connectors instead of soldering would be a nice addition.

I know you mentioned that soldering would be required no matter what, but it would be nice to avoid soldering as many of the titles as possible. For someone like me who isn't a soldering expert, I'd be way more comfortable soldering the jumpers on the InfiniKey than the actual CPS-2 board.

@undamned - what is the loading time like on power on? I guess about 8 or 9 seconds before Capcom appears on the display?
My program takes less than 3ms to execute. It takes over 100x longer for CPS2 itself to boot up.

EDIT

What percentage of boards are revision 5 and later? Being able to use connectors instead of soldering would be a nice addition.
I'm curious about this, too. It's only been the last year or so that I ever cared about board revisions, so who knows what's passed through my hands previously. At the moment I have only 2 Rev.5 boards. And remember, you still have to solder a +5V wire on Rev.5 boards, even though they have CN9. So, only Rev.6/7 would eliminated the need for direct soldering to board.

-ud

Last edited:
All of a sudden I dont feel sad that I removed batteries from perfectly working boards before putting them in the storage. This looks perfect.

Looks like the device would auto detect the game and the use the respective keys.
Key is determined by the 8 "GAME SELECT" solder jumpers on the PCB. I will include a manual that lists what jumper settings go with which games. Every time the game boots, that key gets written.
-ud

I don't have time to wait 3 milliseconds, come back when it's fast X(
NoTime.gif

Seems misguided to me having a key loader using a connector; should be soldered on as it is a permanent solution for the long term to keep these boards working :)

This sounds great to me! I'll definitely be down for a few once they're ready. It'll be nice not having to worry about boards randomly dying right before a tournament! :D

I have a few boards that I could never get to work with the Darksoft Multi. I misplaced the original EPROM's forcing me to convert one of them using Avalaunch roms to HSF2A. Don't know why, but the sound was off in that conversion. The EPROM's used were of the proper speed. I am interested in seeing if an encrypted conversion using the Infinikey would play properly where my decrypted attempt did not.

This is just incredible. I'm quite happy with my multi (and will probably sell off the 2-3 spare B boards I have eventually), but to see something like this coming about, and at that price point, is just fantastic. Great work as always UD.

I have a few boards that I could never get to work with the Darksoft Multi. I misplaced the original EPROM's forcing me to convert one of them using Avalaunch roms to HSF2A. Don't know why, but the sound was off in that conversion. The EPROM's used were of the proper speed. I am interested in seeing if an encrypted conversion using the Infinikey would play properly where my decrypted attempt did not.
wrong pal or not correctly jumpered from pal would be my guess on the cause of your issue. On the main topic, great work! I saw a cps1.5 solution was asked about and may be on the horizon. Will that include cps1 also, at some point?

I actually spent a bit of time on that a week ago. I don't have a proven solution at the moment, but I'll post up if that changes
-ud
I super duper need this! Please let me know, a solid key solution for CPS1.5 would be just as awesome (If not more so because no multi kit exists for that hardware).

This is so cool as getting battery for CPS2 is PITA.

Last edited:
Just though of something. Would it be possible to add a dipswitch to the jumpers to be able to set the keys?

I guess this is not really that big of a deal for most including me as they will probably get installed and then left on the board and adding blobs of solder is easy enough.

Yeah I dont think it's necessary. This is meant to be a permanent replacement.

Back