What's new
Getting a few more PCB samples (slight change to outline and silkscreen) and provided those turn out nice, I'll pull the trigger on a big batch.

Regarding sales, it's a major headache to deal with orders of 1 here, 3 there, etc., so I will be doing some distribution through Paradise Arcade. I say "some" distribution because I am willing to do direct sales for bulk orders (10+ units). I will work with Paradise on their pricing (which will be more than $10 ea., since they need to make a profit, too) and post up when we get those details ironed out.
-ud
Don't forget that there are also people in the UK, Europe, etc who are very interested in this. Can a reliable distributor be found in that neck of the woods too perhaps? :)

Is there a reason people partner with Paradise? I've had nothing but bad experiences ordering with them over the years, but I keep seeing them become the official distributor for stuff like this.
They specialize in arcade parts (not just stuff to mod out your console stick) and they are easy to work with (as far as manufacturer/distributor relationship goes).

Don't forget that there are also people in the UK, Europe, etc who are very interested in this. Can a reliable distributor be found in that neck of the woods too perhaps? :)
I'm open to that :)
-ud

If anyone else in Australia is looking for some of these I'm happy to ship them on. I would like 5 myself

This looks really great, is there an idiots guide to this, as in.

How you ID what board you have. - There seem to be 3 different types, is that it, any other variations?

(? http://arcadehacker.blogspot.com/2016/09/capcom-cps2-security-programming-guide.html )

What do I need to do to prep my board - i.e. if it s battery powered still / if it's pheonixed / if it was aboard modded to run the multi-cps2?

Is there any video that has an overview?

I appreciate that there are bits and pieces to answer this here and there, but just wondering if maybe it can be brought together ... and if i missed a thread / link when this is already covered then, please excuse me.

There might be a thread but I can answer it anyway:

You can identify your board by the revision number silkscreened onto it, it's printed underneath the mask ROMs on the right side and ends in -3, 4, 5, 6 or 7

If the board is battery powered you will just need to remove the battery and install the InfiniKey

If the board is running in Phoenix or decrypted ROMs you will need to reinstall the original encrypted ROMs and then install the InfiniKey

If it's modded to run the multi kit it will depend on the game you're reverting back to, jumpers will need to be changed for a lot of games and original ROMs for whatever game you are installing will need to be put on

I'm planning on doing a thread on the CPS2 multi, I might do one on these too once they are available while I install my own.

This looks really great, is there an idiots guide to this, as in.

How you ID what board you have. - There seem to be 3 different types, is that it, any other variations?

(? http://arcadehacker.blogspot.com/2016/09/capcom-cps2-security-programming-guide.html )

What do I need to do to prep my board - i.e. if it s battery powered still / if it's pheonixed / if it was aboard modded to run the multi-cps2?

Is there any video that has an overview?

I appreciate that there are bits and pieces to answer this here and there, but just wondering if maybe it can be brought together ... and if i missed a thread / link when this is already covered then, please excuse me.
Don't worry, I will make a thorough manual and video. Yeah, 3 different types (Rev. 3/4 same, 5 unique, 6/7/Black same). Plus there will be a spreadsheet matching B board EPROM labels to solder jumper game selection on the InfiniKey.
-ud

Is there a reason people partner with Paradise? I've had nothing but bad experiences ordering with them over the years, but I keep seeing them become the official distributor for stuff like this.
They specialize in arcade parts (not just stuff to mod out your console stick) and they are easy to work with (as far as manufacturer/distributor relationship goes).
I'm open to that :) -ud
Will the boards be pre-assembled for your distributors? Or in kit form only for them to assemble prior to shipping (unless they are only sold in kit form?). Not that there are many parts of course (unless there are some on the underside which the photos on page 1 don't of course show?). :)

so now 10 dollar to 20 niceeeeeeeee
You forgot the $13 that Paradise charges for shipping :).
now we are talking!!! i was beginning to think this wasnt arcade related because the initial price was reasonable. now im see.. 33 dollars for a 5 dollar board and a chip. i can do all the us shipping and stuff if you cant do it. shesh what ever they are charging you to look at this threaad to make a list i can do for less

Easy way to avoid inflation is to make your own! :D

I'd fabricate my own but honestly I couldn't do it any better than UD. I'm happy to pay the costs involved and have UD do all the hard work. :)

I do see your point, the price escalates as other parties take their cut, however there's a lot of effort that goes into something like this, it's not as simple as it appears on the surface. Designing and prototyping the PCB, catering to a bunch of different revision Capcom boards, writing and debugging the code for the microcontroller, testing for all scenarios etc. Trust me, worth paying someone else to deal with all the headaches!

We're fortunate, all we need do is install and forget about it.

Back