What's new
For me I have 3 games I like enough to keep as PCBs by themselves. They're all on batteries, this helps me keep them on keys without batteries and it's non destructive/reversible without the added risk of leaky batteries

I also desuicide for people and this again means I can offer the option to desuicide with keys but without the battery. If someone wants original with battery I can still do it, but this as far as I'm concerned is the best of both worlds, hence the popularity

Always up to UD, but it seems like the conversation has moved to private messages etc.

Yeah, apologies for contributing to the negative comments on this thread. Perfectly understand that the few devs' time in this hobby are best NOT spent packaging and shipping out orders. Darksoft said this himself a while back. I agree 100% with UD's intentions and his desire to preserve his time. I think once the mention of Paradise was put in the mix, past experiences kind of opened the floodgate. But no need to add further weight there.

Look forward to getting these for my toys. Hopefully, a distribution avenue is achieved that works for everyone.

@undamned

Re distribution within Australia, I can vouch for @xodaraP being an honest and stand up guy.

There's a fair bit of interest for this product within Australia, perhaps you may consider sending a bulk batch to him, for him to distribute within Australia. They would easily fit within an AusPost padded envelope, which costs $1.65, and only require $2 worth of stamps. Call it $4 and once in Australia, they can be posted anywhere Australia wide for that amount.

Shipping one unit to Australia from US isn't financially viable, but ship 50 to a central location, i.e. xodaraP, and the price per unit divides down to a low amount.

Regarding dealing with monies and logistics on your end, could be as simple as getting xodaraP to create a thread collecting interest for Aussies, sending you an order of however many units that may be, you calculate shipping for that one batch to Australia, we divide the total cost by number of customers, xodaraP collects the money from all parties and then pays you in one lump sum.

Buurrr, here I go derailing the topic again, but........

Spent the better part of the night reading the links that @twistedsymphony posted. Didn't even get to any other post after that until after I read through those links. Good thing I didn't either. It would have colored my judgement if I read @armi0024 reasons first. Anyhoo, I had a different reaction than twistedsymphony. But that is cool too.

Firstly, an apology is due to Bryan (armi0024) and Susan Armitage, the proprietors of Paradise Arcade Shop. I have bought from you several times and have had just two bad experiences. You've squared it both times. I have let those two times color my judgement towards your business. I am now fully up to speed on your value to the community and will support you with patronage when availability and timing allows for it. And when it doesn't, I'll grit my teeth and be patient and not go to your competitors =). With that said, the criticsm levied against are very real. It's not the criticism that matters though, it is what you do with it. For which you can do two things; one of those two things is to prove them right. Guess what the other is? I can see you have expressed enough humility to improve things. Hopefully, the criticism can turn to praise with enough effort.

Alright, back on topic. Happy to support the few devs in this community and those that that provide services needed to get their products out to the community. I am up for whatever gets my hands on the UD InfiniKey-CPS2.

Looks great, I would be interested in a few. With this in mind I feel like if you go too much past what your initial price was it simply makes more sense to go phoenix, avalaunch, or just go back to hoping a battery doesn't assplode in the coming years.

Pretty cool that this can resurrect the keys in case you lose them from the battery dying/simply changing it out vs grabbing a arduino.

Last edited:
armi0024 so how much shipped
I haven't even given Bryan pricing. I won't even have my assembly quote for a week or so. I don't understand why you are obsessing over price when you said you only want one piece.-ud
ohhhhh so one is free? i know it isnt but its odd to not think of price. of course price is important and the extra charges are also

odd i swear i saw you post a price

Dude. You have a price-point yet? I would use these for every single one of my original pcbs!
I was thinking $10 would be fair. Yeah, you can buy an Arduino Nano for $3, but you have to program every individual key, wire every signal, etc. Lol, yeah, that was sort of my main motivation: never having to change batteries on my collection again :D
Cool, is the install via headers not available with this one like the other version from konosuke?
Sure you can use the same type of header he did. You just need to observe the proper pin order (mine designed for bottom mounting, so you ether need to mount it upside down or flip it over frontwards to maintain that Pin 1 goes to Pin 1, etc.-ud

Guys, undamned was gauging interest. Projects like this involve a lot of estimation, especially since the price depends heavily on the quantity produced, which itself is proprtional to the interest.

If you're no longer interested, then say so politely. Find another solution, or come up with your own for less. Don't whine and bitch about the price. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

I would like to revise my interest for it up to 10 units please. I have a few older boards which are not working and two more with original batteries which I will have the batteries removed.

Guys, undamned was gauging interest. Projects like this involve a lot of estimation, especially since the price depends heavily on the quantity produced, which itself is proprtional to the interest.

If you're no longer interested, then say so politely. Find another solution, or come up with your own for less. Don't whine and bitch about the price. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.
im here for 1 as i said. feel free to leave if you want

undamned you have done great work thank you and i excited for what you have made. sorry about all the haggling on price. i mean nothing against you

For me I have 3 games I like enough to keep as PCBs by themselves.
Im in the same boat as you, I have my multi plus a few games I want to own original. Maybe an Aussie group buy is in order?
I would be in that, too. I have 11 boards at the moment, not interested in phoenixing. If an Australia group order does not work out, I can get them sent to a friend in Indiana to avoid the disgusting postage prices every damned place in the US charges.

@undamned I think you know my friend @sneek he would be another person who you might be able to ship a bulk lot to Australia through.

Back