What's new
This is an amazing concept! Great work!

I would love to get 3 at this stage.

Please count me in for any Australian group buys:)

Someone else pointed me here, what a brilliant concept and implication!

I’ll keep an eye on the thread, but I’m definitely down for 2

Now tested on at least one version of each of the 42 unique games (PCB Info: 22x R.7, 10x R.6, 1x R.5, 5x R.4, 4x R.3). @Mitsurugi_w was kind enough to test on an all-in-one Black board, which also runs fine.

Waiting on some samples of preprogrammed microcontrollers. Once those check out, I can send parts for PCB assembly. That'll take a few weeks and then I can shake out distribution (and any direct sales of 10 or more pieces).
-ud

Nice, everything tested already, good job!

I'll up my order to 10 pieces then :) Do I message you or will you be supplying them through a website (which is not paradise hopefully :))?

@xodaraP

Want to put an order in for x 10 for the Aussies? I'll grab at least x 4 from you.

It would probably need to be more than 10, I've seen a few other Aussies post interest and I need at least 3 myself

We'll work it out before UD has them ready to go :)

Now tested on at least one version of each of the 42 unique games (PCB Info: 22x R.7, 10x R.6, 1x R.5, 5x R.4, 4x R.3). @Mitsurugi_w was kind enough to test on an all-in-one Black board, which also runs fine.

Waiting on some samples of preprogrammed microcontrollers. Once those check out, I can send parts for PCB assembly. That'll take a few weeks and then I can shake out distribution (and any direct sales of 10 or more pieces).
-ud
Gonna need like 15-20 of these :)

Since lots of people who have large collections have come out of the woodwork, let me just leave this here:

WTB: CPS2 B Boards

:thumbsup:

(Seriously though, please message me if you have any of these!)

I just don't understand you guys...
You are aware that with key restore the only difference between a converted CPS2 game an a original game is the MASK ROMs right?

I just don't understand you guys...
You are aware that with key restore the only difference between a converted CPS2 game an a original game is the MASK ROMs right?
well, there's a little bit more to it than just the mask roms. But, as far as gameplay/operation/etc. there is no difference between original and conversion, if that's the point you were making. :)

There's only 42 unique boards, so I made the decision to collect them all without understanding the ramifications (and the rarity of some of them). undamned made it seem impossible, so I'm working hard to prove him wrong. :)

Three more to go... :thumbsup:

I'll be doing my own personal Jonestown once the InfiniKey is out.

there is no difference between original and conversion, if that's the point you were making.
It was, especially for someone like @strygo who already owns a bunch of extra CPS2 carts (just not the ones he wants).

Why not convert them, then put the infinikey on 'em so the battery can be removed while still using original dumps (no Phoenix BS)... Win profit etc.
Does a UV erase window on your chips make that big a difference to you? ;)

Save the original MASK ROMs BTW, in case you do find a good deal on an original and want to convert back.

argument is old
The argument maybe old, but some folks are still under the impression they need to use Phoenix ROMs or other such hackery.
Key restore is new, and IMO it makes owning original boards... Unless you want the legit MASK versions... Rather pointless. :whistling:

Your device actually aids in this process, whether that was your intention or not (I suspect not based on that attitude). :thumbup:
It's not really "Y I use CD-R" and more like "Y U sell me CD burner then badmouth burnt discs" heh.

I hope you are NOT offended @undamned as I do really appreciate everything you have done for the arcade community and the CPS2 scene! <3

Merely expressing my point of view, I know the collector mentality would never be satisfied with something viewed as bootleg...
That line is just getting very blurry in today's wild key writing/re-writing world. :saint:

Remember that to a "hardcore" collector, even installing one of your fantastic devices would void its original battery based design.
So to someone like that, yea it's already one big CD-R... Where is the line drawn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back