InfiniKey-CPS2

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • For those members in the US that need less than 10 units, I'll volunteer to distribute to the first 15 US-based A-P.com members that PM me. I need 6-15 myself. Here is how I'll do it if anyone is up for it:
      • Order the exact quanity from UD and be completely transparent of the total cost to anyone that wants to jump in
        • Will set up a group PM
      • Cost to the members per unit shall be:
        • Per Unit Cost to Member = Total Cost shipped from UD / Total Units
      • Total Cost to Member Shipped
        • (Quantity shipped * Per Unit Cost to Member) + Postage
      Postage shall be $4.25 ($3.50 USPS 1st Class + the cost of a padded envelop).

      One time thing. The only unknowns in the equations above is how much the cost of shipping is from UD and if UD is cool with it. After this, will let PAS handle things going forward. Let's set the time to close out on joining to 1 week before UD annouces when they'll be available for order.

      @undamned, if you're not cool with this, let me know and I'll delete this post.
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
      Favorite Arcade Genres (in order):
      • Fighting games, Shmups, Light-gun, Puzzlers, Driving
    • jassin000 wrote:

      Remember that to a "hardcore" collector, even installing one of your fantastic devices would void its original battery based design.
      So to someone like that, yea it's already one big CD-R... Where is the line drawn?

      Speaking for myself, I believe that the InfiniKey and solutions like it are the perfect compromise for CPS2. From a code execution perspective, it's equivalent to a game on battery.

      From a collecting perspective, it requires installation of a device one time, rather than having to replace batteries every 3-5 years. This cuts down on the wear and tear of reopening the case and desoldering and then soldering a new battery in every time. Across enough boards and batteries over the next 30 years, one (or more) battery is bound to leak and damage its PCB.

      Obviously, from a gaming perspective, many people are fine playing these games in MAME for free, or playing versions of them on PS4 for a bit of money, or getting a multikit. No point in arguing preference here.

      Down the road, if I were to sell my collection, I could easily remove the InfiniKey and replace it with a battery for the next collector. However, given that folks will be able to reverse the installation of an InfiniKey themselves, I imagine that alone will prevent them from doing so.
    • jassin000 wrote:

      I just don't understand you guys...

      jassin000 wrote:

      I know the collector mentality would never be satisfied with something viewed as bootleg...
      Hey, answered your own question! I'm not offended. Just don't care to have the thread cluttered up any more than it already is with arguments that don't need to be here.

      acblunden2 wrote:

      @undamned, if you're not cool with this, let me know and I'll delete this post.
      I'm fine with this. Thanks for organizing! :)
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V, NEO ║ CPS2 Cart: 42/42
      Cab: Namco Exceleena 1 ║ Monitor: Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
    • strygo wrote:

      Since lots of people who have large collections have come out of the woodwork, let me just leave this here:

      WTB: CPS2 B Boards

      :thumbsup:

      (Seriously though, please message me if you have any of these!)
      I might have a Hyper Asia board, gotta check. So many bins/boards to go through ||


      Wanted:
      Cabs/Parts - Egret II, Forgotten Worlds PCB/Spinners
      Pinballs - Stern Star Trek / Metallica, The Simpsons PP, Medieval Madness
    • acblunden2 wrote:

      For those members in the US that need less than 10 units, I'll volunteer to distribute to the first 15 US-based A-P.com members that PM me. I need 6-15 myself. Here is how I'll do it if anyone is up for it:
      • Order the exact quanity from UD and be completely transparent of the total cost to anyone that wants to jump in
        • Will set up a group PM
      • Cost to the members per unit shall be:
        • Per Unit Cost to Member = Total Cost shipped from UD / Total Units
      • Total Cost to Member Shipped
        • (Quantity shipped * Per Unit Cost to Member) + Postage
      Postage shall be $4.25 ($3.50 USPS 1st Class + the cost of a padded envelop).

      One time thing. The only unknowns in the equations above is how much the cost of shipping is from UD and if UD is cool with it. After this, will let PAS handle things going forward. Let's set the time to close out on joining to 1 week before UD annouces when they'll be available for order.

      @undamned, if you're not cool with this, let me know and I'll delete this post.
      @acblunden2 I am in. Looking to get 5 InfiniKeys.
    • acblunden2 wrote:

      For those members in the US that need less than 10 units, I'll volunteer to distribute to the first 15 US-based A-P.com members that PM me. I need 6-15 myself. Here is how I'll do it if anyone is up for it:
      • Order the exact quanity from UD and be completely transparent of the total cost to anyone that wants to jump in
        • Will set up a group PM
      • Cost to the members per unit shall be:
        • Per Unit Cost to Member = Total Cost shipped from UD / Total Units
      • Total Cost to Member Shipped
        • (Quantity shipped * Per Unit Cost to Member) + Postage
      Postage shall be $4.25 ($3.50 USPS 1st Class + the cost of a padded envelop).

      One time thing. The only unknowns in the equations above is how much the cost of shipping is from UD and if UD is cool with it. After this, will let PAS handle things going forward. Let's set the time to close out on joining to 1 week before UD annouces when they'll be available for order.

      @undamned, if you're not cool with this, let me know and I'll delete this post.
      I'm interested too. Definitely want 9.
    • New

      Let me get this straight. (Just making sure here)

      Even if the game has already suicided or not. Solder this little board in place, solder the pads for your game, solder the jumper wires and your up and running? (since it already has all the keys) - All providing your board is not toast of course!

      Both my games are still going strong, but this is awesome if it does
    • New

      @kamshaft, that is correct. Exceptions being, games with modified program files (Phoenix, Avalaunch, etc.) or games with hardware issues unrelated to losing the key (acid damage, etc.).
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V, NEO ║ CPS2 Cart: 42/42
      Cab: Namco Exceleena 1 ║ Monitor: Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
    • New

      Arrangements made with assembler. Should be sending them parts next week. They are panelizing the boards for me, so we'll see how they turn out. 1000 pieces, so should last at least a month :)
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V, NEO ║ CPS2 Cart: 42/42
      Cab: Namco Exceleena 1 ║ Monitor: Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
    • New

      Thank you for the info undamned

      Are you refering to the chip to allow the CPS2 board to work with out the battery? How much does 1 item of this chip cost?

      Or are you referring to the UD-CPS2 Undamned ? How much does 1 item of this cost? Any Idea of a ETA for this to be available?

      Thank you Kindly

      Thanks for the info parodius

      Kind Regards

      :)
    • New

      Anyone in the US that wants less than 10 check this post. So far we have 5 ppl in the group buy and are going to order 22-31 units.
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
      Favorite Arcade Genres (in order):
      • Fighting games, Shmups, Light-gun, Puzzlers, Driving
    • New

      Cat wrote:

      Are you refering to the chip to allow the CPS2 board to work with out the battery? How much does 1 item of this chip cost?
      Yes, this discussion is for InfiniKey only. If you buy directly from me 10 or more pieces, $10 ea. If you want less than 10 pieces, and you can be part of a group buy (not organized by me) or purchase from a distributor when they are available, price not controlled by me.

      Cat wrote:

      Or are you referring to the UD-CPS2 Undamned ? How much does 1 item of this cost? Any Idea of a ETA for this to be available?
      No. That is different thread: DIY UD-CPS2 Kit
      It will be a kit. I hope to have working prototype of new design end of year. Sales will begin when design finalized, next year.
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V, NEO ║ CPS2 Cart: 42/42
      Cab: Namco Exceleena 1 ║ Monitor: Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace