What's new
OH ! woah i wasnt aware of that product :D
gonna buy some right away ! XD

I have a question, I have a board which still have the Original Screw and Capcom Seal. Do I need special equipment to open this baby up ? (As you can guess I have never opened one before).

Hey @undamned I would like to get 3 more if you have more available.
I can sell direct 10 or more pieces. For smaller qty in USA, you can buy from Paradise Arcade Shop. All distributor info is in first post of this thread.
I have a question, I have a board which still have the Original Screw and Capcom Seal. Do I need special equipment to open this baby up ? (As you can guess I have never opened one before).
Yep! You will need a T-20 Torx bit.
-ud

Hey @undamned, I have an original (real) Progear. As you know, this board looks a little different than the others. Will the Infini-key work perfectly on a JPN ProGear?

Hey @undamned, I have an original (real) Progear. As you know, this board looks a little different than the others. Will the Infini-key work perfectly on a JPN ProGear?
It works perfectly on my JPN Progear :D

Doesn't matter what style of ROM board is attached to the B board. Key writing is all the same.
-ud

Paradise says they are out of stock? I was looking for 2 or 3.
Hey, thanks for the heads up! They must have just ran out within the last couple weeks and forgot to hit me up for more (which is perfectly understandable as they were preparing to take a ton of stuff to Combo Breaker, this weekend).
Yup same here. Paradise Arcade says out of stock. Hey @undamned, Can I order some direct from you?
I can sell 10+ directly, otherwise you can buy from another distro (or if people are already buying other stuff from me, I don't mind adding small qty to the order).
-ud

We normally only sell to APAC but I have stock I could ship back to the US (From Sydney). Postage might suck though.

The board was working when I did the installation, no issues with battery.

I'll try all the SZ2 codes in order to check if some of that works, I hope to revive the board. I also bought yesterday a eprom reader but it'll arrive in one month.
Ok, if game was working with battery, that's a good starting point. Yeah, try all SZ2 codes.
Also, my board is 4 version but I tested closing the pin because on the youtube video it said that is not mandatory. @undammed, is it mandatory to do this??

Your board is a -4 so you need to close the jumper that says “leave open for -5” and connect your power and ground
Rev. 5 Jumper does not matter on Rev 3/4 installation. It doesn't hurt open or shorted. There is only so much room for text on PCB, so that is simplest/safest text :)
Antother question, for the other cps2 board(sfa usa-version), I had revived it but the game is working shown all in the video on green. I removed the resistor, as the video said(youtube installation), this can cause the issue?

Also, the board was dead when I did the procedure, the person that sold the board said that the game was working well until the battery was changed incorrectly.
When you say "video on green," do you mean that game is running fine, but picture looks very green?-ud
Hello Undammed,

I had recieved my eprom reader and I had read the rom 3 and 4, and later I identified the roms usind mame rom ident and the roms matched with sfz2h. I don't kwon what more to do ;(
roms.jpg

Please, help me with some ideas.

Just installed an Infinikey in a Darkstalkers, unfortunately I'm still getting a green screen/faint blue screen. I've never known this board to work, so I'm not surprised that there may be another issue.

The board still had Capcom seals over the screws, so I doubt it has been tampered with and I'm certain the Maxell battery I pulled off of it was factory original, based on the dates on it. Luckily it didn't leak, but it was absolutely dead when metered.

After a few days of Googling and verifying over and over that my Infinikey connections were strong (I did lift a couple pads when desoldering, must have my iron set a bit too hot, I jumped it no problem), signs are starting to point toward ROM issues.

Since this seems to be a large group of CPS2-familiar folks (including the guru Undamned, himself!) I figured I'd ask: is there a recommended ROM reader/eprom writer for the types of ROMs these boards use? I'd like to verify that my ROMs are functional/write a new set.

Looking forward to restocks on Infinikey in the US! I'd like to stock a couple for a rainy day - I'd like to break into CPS2 collecting, once my current pair is sorted out.

Just installed an Infinikey in a Darkstalkers, unfortunately I'm still getting a green screen/faint blue screen. I've never known this board to work, so I'm not surprised that there may be another issue.

After a few days of Googling and verifying over and over that my Infinikey connections were strong (I did lift a couple pads when desoldering, must have my iron set a bit too hot, I jumped it no problem), signs are starting to point toward ROM issues.

Since this seems to be a large group of CPS2-familiar folks (including the guru Undamned, himself!) I figured I'd ask: is there a recommended ROM reader/eprom writer for the types of ROMs these boards use? I'd like to verify that my ROMs are functional/write a new set.
If it's a solid color screen it's probably suicided. I would recommend trying the Razoola CPS2 Suicide tester program rom to make sure. I have one cps2 board where even after writing keys to it, it stays on a blank screen. So using the Suicide Tester program rom will let you know if the error is just the keys aren't being written correctly or there's a further problem. One issue I have found with -3 and -4 CPS2 b boards is they sometimes require more 5v to program the keys... Can you test voltage at the jamma edge as well as on a chip and see where you're at? Should be 5v... if it's 4.8v at the chip that could be the problem.

Also, I would recommend practicing soldering on throw away boards a lot before ever doing a "production piece." So in the future if you need to solder something to through hole components, experiment on a throw away piece of tech first to get your method/temperature/process down.

There is not really a recommended rom reader/burner because it's all about what you need. If you only want to do CPS2 27C4096 type roms you can probably get away with a cheapy like the TL866II variants for around $50. If you want some slight future proofing you should look into the gq-4x4 for $100. If you really want to go big look at the BK burner or something else that is more pro. Eventually you might want to get something that does 48 pins.

Back