What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I'm looking for something that will allow me to run 4 Player games across 2x 2P cabinets side by side.

So for instance if I'm playing TMNT or NBA Jam, players 1 and 2 would be on cab 1 and players 3 and 4 would be on cab 2.

I actually picked up part of an official Konami link kit for this it includes a finger board for the second cab, a full harness and connectors that should drop in for the P3 and P4 players as well as the 4-pin audio connector. I think it was designed for the System GX boards though, which also include an additional 5-pin header for video... older games like TMNT don't have this.

I know I can build something but I'm pressed for time and I'm hoping that I can find, at minimum a cheap JAMMA pass through that I can use to tap the Video Pins and use with the rest of the Konami link kit.

Interesting idea.

I just got the same cable for the PGM 1 and 2, however both also have headers on the motherboard to connect to the JAMMA pass through cable, so still no help with your turtles number 1.

Still, subscribed to see what wonders the A-P team comes up with (in this case the wonder is a simple JAMMA cable, but still)!

Last edited:
So 2 x cabs, 1 x game board, cab 1 connected as normal, cab 2 needs to break out video, audio, controls from the game board in cab 1?

Does this require some form of amp to boost the video signal? Wouldn't running the video output from 1 x game to 2 x monitors result in a weakened signal?

So 2 x cabs, 1 x game board, cab 1 connected as normal, cab 2 needs to break out video, audio, controls from the game board in cab 1?
Controls don't need to be broken out because P3 and P4 are already on their own separate connector.

Audio may or may not need to be broken out depending on whether the PCB has an audio header already. most of the Konami boards have an audio header already.

Video may or may not need to be broken out depending on whether the PCB has a video header. Some boards like the Taito F3 already have a video header.

Does this require some form of amp to boost the video signal? Wouldn't running the video output from 1 x game to 2 x monitors result in a weakened signal?
yes and no.

the monitor "terminates" the video signal with a specified resistance, and by simply hooking it up to 2 monitors you're doubling that and it would dim the overall image. For SCART or VGA this would make the image very dark, but JAMMA runs the video output at a much higher voltage and thus the drop in image brightness would theoretically be minimal.

Even still, I'm NOT going to do that because it's not proper :D Using some cheap 2N3904 transistors and some resistors you can create an emitter/follower amp. we're talking less than $1 worth of parts, but this would need to be build into the pass through as the output from the board would go into the "amp" which would have 2 outputs; one for each cab.

However, any PCB that happens to already have a video output header (such as Taito F3) wouldn't need this as the "amp" circuit would already be built into the game board.

Sign me up, have a OEM Konami 3/4p harness, will post some pics of that later

OK, some thoughts as this picks up steam.

Yes many PCBs have their own headers for 3/4 player, audio, etc, however to make one cable that does it all and works with the most PCBs, this should be designed to take all the needed signals from the JAMMA connector. That way you won't have to make specific versions for specific PCBs, one to rule them all as it were.

That being said, since so many games handle the 3/4 players different, maybe this is never really possible, but maybe the final design of this split out cable (I like the name, Konnect Kable) can have a place to plug in the 3/4 player so the cable can remain the same despite the PCB.

Also, what about how the Japanese do for fighters, instead of needing special break out PCBs, you can use this to put two, say Mortal Kombat players on different machines!

Also, what about how the Japanese do for fighters, instead of needing special break out PCBs, you can use this to put two, say Mortal Kombat players on different machines!
I have this thing which is meant for exactly that:

https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=2620

It works fine for games with 3P and 4P support if you don't mind that the player order is wrong, because it throws the player 2 controls on the other cab. So for instance for 4P games you would have 1P and 3P on one cab, 2P and 4P on the other.

Naturally you have to make the 3P and 4P harnesses yourself.

Can someone make an actual suggestion for the original question:
I'm pressed for time and I'm hoping that I can find, at minimum a cheap JAMMA pass through that I can use to tap the Video Pins
I have 2 weeks to put this together, I'm 90% of the way there. I don't need to be buying a $150 cable set from Japan that still needs additional modification :P

Passthrough? Solder a jamma connector to a fingerboard. Am I missing something? :p

Im gonna go out on a limb and say no, no one makes one. It is for sure something James from JNX can make...just not sure if he will be able to on your time frame.

Can someone make an actual suggestion for the original question:
I'm pressed for time and I'm hoping that I can find, at minimum a cheap JAMMA pass through that I can use to tap the Video Pins
I have 2 weeks to put this together, I'm 90% of the way there. I don't need to be buying a $150 cable set from Japan that still needs additional modification :P
You can tap the Atlas via the 8p Audio/Video breakout. Some arcade boards are bright enough to drive two monitors as some customers have told me.

I had plans to make a proper splitter just no time to do it. I can make an AV link cable as well to like two Atlas adapters if you need.

I have this thing which is meant for exactly that:

https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=2620

It works fine for games with 3P and 4P support if you don't mind that the player order is wrong, because it throws the player 2 controls on the other cab. So for instance for 4P games you would have 1P and 3P on one cab, 2P and 4P on the other.

Naturally you have to make the 3P and 4P harnesses yourself.
Thanks for this link, that looks great, but yes, price is a little prohibitive.

JNX to the rescue, maybe?

Passthrough? Solder a jamma connector to a fingerboard. Am I missing something? :p
you're not missing something. I'm asking where I can get a JAMMA connector and fingerboard in my hands quickly... the few places I've found them require waiting weeks for shipping from China.

Passthrough? Solder a jamma connector to a fingerboard. Am I missing something? :P
you're not missing something. I'm asking where I can get a JAMMA connector and fingerboard in my hands quickly... the few places I've found them require waiting weeks for shipping from China.
Since you're in the US, Bob Roberts or Ian Kellogg for the fingerboard - Mouser for the JAMMA edge connector

RJ (channelmaniac on KLOV) may also be able to help

Back