What's new
Initial post updated. New files uploaded.

Soak tested for 2 hours, no issues to report.

Measured voltage drop on +5V line = 0.03V

So it's not a normal IDC cable? Any examples of what to buy?

It's a normal 34 way IDC cable, with one connector facing up, the other down. I think that's the norm anyhow.

Hmm. I buy IDC cables in bulk (26-pin) and they both face down. I'll need to look.

that one side has the little idc bar that folds it other side

Assembled some of these today!

I've tested the JAMMA finger with various edge connectors and have had no issues at all with insertion/removal.

Still waiting on a few connectors to arrive but so far so good :)

APJE.jpg

Awesome! They look great with black connectors against the white solder mask.

Mind me asking which pcb fab place you used and where you got the jamma edge connectors from?

Yeah, I really like the black on white look. I'm going to do something similar with the OSSC's except it'll be more white and silver.

I used PCBWAY on your recommendation and the edge connectors are the common black with gold chinese writing which I removed with a magic eraser :)

Ahh I was wondering that. I have the same connectors and find them quite great. The pins are high quality and the dimensions are ideal. Was just never a fan of the writing, never thought to erase it lol.

If you download the newest version I've added 4 x mounting holes as wasn't sure if 2 was going to be adequate.

Ahh I was wondering that. I have the same connectors and find them quite great. The pins are high quality and the dimensions are ideal. Was just never a fan of the writing, never thought to erase it lol.
They were the only black connectors I could find for a decent price and I'm super happy with the quality. Buy yourself some chinese magic erasers, you can't really go wrong for that price!

Frank_fjs said:
Matte finish?
Opted for just standard gloss white, nickel plated brass standoffs and clear frosted enclosure. Should look quite striking in comparison to the standard OSSC.

If you download the newest version I've added 4 x mounting holes as wasn't sure if 2 was going to be adequate.
I'll definitely order some of the new revision once I've finished building these :D

Last edited:
I'm definitely down for an OSSC, save one for me!

Might need to pick your brains re some supergun related stuff...

wow, just tried uploading the files to Oshpark for a quote, and in a batch of 3 boards each (minimum qty) it ends up to be $74
Is this a normal to be expected price or is Oshpark more expensive then other sites?

$62 US shipped for X 10 of each board via Pcbway.

$24 for X 10 board 1
$24 for X 10 board 2
$12 epacket shipping
$2 PayPal fee

Tends to be a lot cheaper per board the more you order.

Unfortunately, once you exceed pcb dimensions of 100mm the cost raises significantly.

wow, just tried uploading the files to Oshpark for a quote, and in a batch of 3 boards each (minimum qty) it ends up to be $74
Is this a normal to be expected price or is Oshpark more expensive then other sites?
Oshpark quality is top notch but only really good for small prototype boards and if you're willing to wait a while for delivery. Better off using PCBWAY or JLCPCB.

Last edited:
Back