What's new
So you want to add a third wiring harness to the jamma extender boards?

I.e.

1 x 24p ATX
1 x 34p IDC

And add:

1 x 6p JST XH

Then provide a connector on each of the extender PCBs, one which will go to the HAS kick harness connector, and on the other end one that goes directly to the CPS2 kick connector.

That's the only way I can see it would work and it adds a lot of complexity to the simpler solution of using a longer HAS kick connector harness. It adds 4 more connectors and 3 more wiring harnesses into the mix.

My 2 cents: Keep it simple and for its original intended purpose, to simply extend the standard jamma harness.

When you add too many things to the mix, it ends up being more than the original intention.

I use Sentinel Army Knife Voltmeters (plug) in all my cabs and that takes care of all that is "missing" for me from the Jamma Extender.

Look I've got JAMMA extenders... Sure they aren't as nice looking, but functionally they are identical.
I don't understand you guys, why just do more of the same thing over and over? Yes it will add complexity, but it would offer something else no one else is doing.
As I said, unless you do invest in a very long CPS2/3 kick cable all these extenders as-is ARE WORTHLESS for CPS2/3/everything that uses extra kicks.

I'm a black & white kinda guy, so extend everything, or extend nothing... Its just that simple IMO.

I'm happy to include the necessary connectors on the extender PCBs, you can buy the JST harnesses pre fabricated. I'm not hand crimping all those cables!

I'm happy to include the necessary connectors on the extender PCBs, you can buy the JST harnesses pre fabricated. I'm not hand crimping all those cables!
Hey Frank, I would like to buy a couple of these ready to go extenders. If you can throw in whatever other connector/pins needed for the kick harness, I dont mind crimping those few wires, please PM to let me know how much to send ya. Thanks.

Ill crimp the cable for the connector end, but on the receiving JAMMA edge it should have a CPS2/3 connector. Otherwise it's not an extension but an adapter. ;)

Well hobby stores / Aliexpress etc have JST XH cables in various lengths, with a connector already pre-fitted to one end.

So all you'll need is two separate JST XH cables, 1 x 10cm (connects from jamma extender pcb 1 to HAS) and a 30cm JST XH cable (jamma extender pcb 1 to pcb 2). Then use your existing HAS kick harness (jamma extender pcb 2 to CPS2). Meaning you'll only need to crimp on 2 x connectors, one to each JST cable.

I'll probably be willing to do it for a small run of 10 sets, after that people are on their own.

Can you keep the same pinout as the HAS?
That way I could say use a straight cable to the extension and the original HAS kick harness on the other end.

1 of those please!

I’m down for one of these if the shipping to the US doesn’t kill it.

Yeah it will be fully HAS (and Sentinel) compliant. We both share the same kick connector and pinout.

The only thing you will need to supply is the HAS kick harness.

Price will be minimum $50 USD for a complete kit shipped to your with registered shipping. That's the raw parts cost, shipping cost and $10 added on for my profit. If that's too steep speak now and I won't bother doing a run. I know it's a lot of money for a relatively simple device, which is why I've provided the Gerber files for free so people can make their own. It's just what it costs, and I don't think $10 profit on my end is unreasonable.

No I think your efforts for $10 are a steal, but if someone was doing a US run of them later that would save $10-20 in shipping I would wait.

If shipping is only a little bit, I’m down for one at $50.

That's a pretty good deal, considering shipping would be $15 or so from Australia... I thought @Mitsurugi-w was going to make a batch for the Americas?

Shipping from Australia to USA is close to $30 AU. That's the killer. It is quick though, less than 10 days usually.

I'm trying to work out the best way to achieve the kick extension.

At the moment it's not as elegant as I'd like. I'd have to sacrifice two of the PCB feet / standoff mounting holes and you'd lose around 5cm of a 30cm extension cable due to the placement and position of the kick connector sockets.

I'm going to try a different approach, see if I can utilise some free pins of the IDC and ATX connector to carry the kick harness signals. Then I'd only need 1 x kick connector per extension PCB to interconnect the game board kick harness output and supergun kick harness input.

So as an example of how it would work, you'd connect your HAS CPS2 kick harness cable from the CPS2 to one end of the jamma extender PCB, via an angled JST XH connector situated on the extender PCB.

These signals are passed to the other extender PCB via the IDC and ATX cables. This extender PCB will then connect directly to the HAS kick harness input, via a short JST XH patch cable.

Okay I can make this work, and there will only be 1 x additional patch cable needed which I will supply.

Before I can go ahead, I need confirmation of the HAS kick harness connector pinout.

HAS-kick.jpg

1. P1 B4
  2. P1 B5
  3. P1 B6
  4. P2 B4
  5. P2 B5
  6. P2 B6
@RGB or anyone else with a HAS, is the above kick pinout correct?

Was setting up a potential order of these Gerber on PCBway, and I got an email with this message:

"Thank you so much for order on pcbway.com.
Noticed you need golden finger and beveling. But, the minimum size for beveling is 45mm. Please kindly note.
Thanks."

Anybody else have issues getting PCBway to bevel the jamma fingers on these?

Back