What's new
Hi @Frank_fjs,

it's me again, sorry :saint:

Would you mind sharing your easyEDA files of this JAMMA extension cable with me? I would like to modify them a bit. Of course I'll public my changes free for everyone :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!

PS: if not because all the stuff happened in the past, I'll accept and understand that totally!

I don't mind at all.

They are in FreePCB format which despite being great software, is way obsolete nowadays. That's the only reason I never included the source file publicly, also noone has ever asked. :)

My plan has always been to redo the design and release that instead, I've just not gotten around to it as yet.

Okay thank you very much for your answer, it would be cool! Maybe I can convert it?!

If not I’ll have to start on a green field :D I don’t know if I can do this^^

Great work man !!!
That seems like a top quality product 8)
Please count me in for 1 :D

Ok, this is a very dumb question, but I guess I gotta learn from somewhere.

I've been trying to source a Jamma extension cable from RGB, but like Frank, these guys are pretty much MIA, so I figured I might to take things to my own hands.

I take it that I can grab the Frank's attached files and take the gerber files to a site like https://jlcpcb.com/ to create my own boards?

Yes. And once you get the boards you populate then with parts and source applicable cables :)

Yes. And once you get the boards you populate then with parts and source applicable cables :)
Yeah, that's what I kinda figured, but just wanna make sure.

The parts themselves are easier to source, so this should be good :)

Cheers mate!

If anyone makes more of these, please DM me so that I can pick up a few!

might make some of these? if no one else has I will but I only need 2....

edit: PCBs ordered - components next!

edit 2: I think I got everything squared away - ordered enough to make 30 units (including the 30 cm cables)

Last edited:

edit 2: I think I got everything squared away - ordered enough to make 30 units (including the 30 cm cables)

YES!! Thank you! ready to throw some money at you <3

I’m in for one! Thanks!

I'll start keeping a spreadsheet - it looks like roughly 10 of the 30 might be claimed already. I haven't calculated my cost per unit yet but I will do so soon. Some of the stuff is coming from overseas so I don't have an estimate for successfully testing the first one. I will keep tabs on this thread in the meantime.

I don't have a problem doing another run later if there is indeed demand for all 30 from this batch.

The run being made now will it have the button 4,5,6 kick harness on it?

I haven't seen the ones with the kick harness included - I wouldn't mind updating the design someday but for now this is what I needed so I decided to make a few more than I needed based on this thread. What does the other end of the extension cable including a kick harness use? The CPS2 connector is what I use when I make a design that uses the kick buttons because that's what a lot of people have in their cabinet.

Edit: I located the thread with the kick harness design. I like it but the files are not there to be made so I would have to design my own version unless they would like to share the files. I don't imagine having time to design a new one for awhile but it seems like a couple people might be waiting in that thread for more to be made?

Last edited:
I'll start keeping a spreadsheet - it looks like roughly 10 of the 30 might be claimed already. I haven't calculated my cost per unit yet but I will do so soon. Some of the stuff is coming from overseas so I don't have an estimate for successfully testing the first one. I will keep tabs on this thread in the meantime.

I don't have a problem doing another run later if there is indeed demand for all 30 from this batch.

Thank you for taking initiative! I'd like to get in on two of these if possible. =]

Back