What's new
Screenshot_.png

@RGB

90mil for +5V
70mil for +12V and -5V
2.3mm x 3.4mm oval pad for ATX pads.

Anything else you can recommend?

Reactions: RGB
Looks good, though I'd move the vias away from the contacts on the PCB that goes into the supergun (in the one shown above it's not a problem, since you're going to solder a JAMMA connector anyway).

The vias on the jamma pins?

They're centred and I'm not sure my pcb software allows them to be repositoned. They're mainly there for the last two pins to tie the top layer to the bottom layer (where the ground plane is).

Yup, the ones on the JAMMA edge contacts. These vias aren't crucial really, since the grounds connect at the ATX connector that is just right above.

Attachments

• via.jpg
    via.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 238
Got it, thanks.

What about this, full copper pour for +5V and 90mil traces for +12V and -5V.

Screenshot_(1).png

I've beefed up power, removed vias and also increased video/audio trace widths. Will give the other PCB the same treatment tomorrow. New version upcoming.

edge-top.png
dege-bottom.png

Love how this project keeps getting better and better. Good stuff Frank!

Will you produce the newest 1.5 revision with a Kickharness connector (just like the HAS Special edition)?

Interested in a set

Well hobby stores / Aliexpress etc have JST XH cables in various lengths, with a connector already pre-fitted to one end.

So all you'll need is two separate JST XH cables, 1 x 10cm (connects from jamma extender pcb 1 to HAS) and a 30cm JST XH cable (jamma extender pcb 1 to pcb 2). Then use your existing HAS kick harness (jamma extender pcb 2 to CPS2). Meaning you'll only need to crimp on 2 x connectors, one to each JST cable.

I'll probably be willing to do it for a small run of 10 sets, after that people are on their own.

Maybe, if you fight for it. :P

I want to wait and hear back from a few people first. I don't have a HAS meaning I couldn't test it. It did work fine with my sgun though.

Maybe, if you fight for it.
It's worth fighting for! :thumbsup:
Just today @KingSopz asked me about a JAMMA extender with kicks support.

This is 2019, a JAMMA extender lacking a kick harness is incomplete at best. ;)
I don't have a HAS meaning I couldn't test it. It did work fine with my sgun though.
Well honestly IF I was the designer I would have used the normal CPS2/3 connector (not HAS connector).
That way it wouldn't be supergun (HAS) specific at all, just a true extender in every sense of the word.

Also I would have put jumpers on the output board to control if buttons 4/5 (6 is always kicks connector) are present on the JAMMA edge or Kicks connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few reasons I didn't opt for a CPS2 Hirose connector.

• They're more difficult and expensive to obtain. Australia doesn't have a great selection of electrical retailers.
  • Size. They're quite large and inefficient for the purpose. Why use a 34 pin connector when only 6 pins are needed.
If I had used a CPS2 connector, you would need to make your own wiring harness.

If I had used a CPS2 connector, it wouldn't have changed compatibility at all.

The JST-XH isn't HAS specific, it's merely a connector.

Regarding the button inputs, that's the job of the supergun. This is an extender, not a button remapper, not a voltmeter, not a video buffer, etc.

Regarding the button inputs, that's the job of the supergun.
It is, but not all superguns have this feature... In fact until the bug with Vampire Hunter on CPS2 was found (just a few years ago) no one even knew this (button 4 on the edge and kick connector) was a problem.

@RGB changed the design of the HAS to correct it, but if you have any of his previous versions like I do...
This is merely a simple/easy place to add it, to help out folks that have a older style supergun.

I mean how much space/additional money would a few jumper blocks take up Vs. how many superguns totally lack support for this feature?
Let's not point fingers and argue about where support SHOULD come from, and just fucking add it. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to add it if HAS only recently acquired this feature.

How does it work with the previous HAS revisions? You can't play certain 6 button CPS2 games at all then?

@Frank_fjs - You can. Jassin is talking about disabling button 4 on the JAMMA connector, since there's an input conflict in Vampire Saviour.

I should have some more free time tomorrow, so I'll design a version jassin requested.

I definitely want one of these. LOL, I'm not sure what I'd use it for, but I have a feeling it'd come in handy at some point!

Back