What's new

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Please find attached the necessary Gerber files to produce either your own jamma fingerboard or Jamma adapter board.

Idea here is to provide a better quality fingerboard for free, other than PCB production costs.

Details for Jamma Finger:
Jamma_Finger_Render.png
  • 124mm x 40mm
  • 2 layer PCB
  • Four M3 mounting holes.
  • Top edge is designed to facilitate soldering a jamma edge connector, if necessary. It may also be inserted into a jamma edge connector.
  • Bottom edge inserts into a jamma edge connector.
  • All connections from the jamma finger to the jamma edge are connected straight through.
  • Dimensionally accurate jamma finger with rounded corners, solder mask cutout and key notch.
Details for Jamma Adapter:
Jamma_Adapter_Render.png
  • 124mm x 40mm
  • 2 Layer PCB
  • Four M3 mounting holes.
  • Four slot cutouts to facilitate wire routing.
  • Top edge is designed to facilitate soldering a jamma edge connector, if necessary. It may also be inserted into a jamma edge connector.
  • Bottom edge inserts into a jamma edge connector.
  • All connections from the jamma finger to the jamma edge are NOT connected straight through. Connections may be made directly from the same PIN number via bridging solder pads with solder. Additional larger pads provided for rerouting.
  • Dimensionally accurate jamma finger with rounded corners, solder mask cutout and key notch.

Attachments

• Jamma_Finger.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 571
  • Jamma_Adapter.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Perhaps you could look into this as I lack the skills (with Fritzing or other such programs) to do this myself.

Looking to create a JAMMA fingerboard that would:
  1. Do away with the need for a J-Pac for MAME-to-JAMMA interfacing, and
  2. Be flexible enough for use in console-to-jamma interfacing
I know you have other projects going on, but do let me know if you'd be willing to explore this with me.

Thanks for sharing this it is just what I needed, was about to pull the trigger on some fingerboards from aliexpress which I would have to of modified as well.

I guess I went thru the same thought process.
Here are the ones I designed and had made up, I still have a few left if anyone want some shipped out:

eb1.jpg

Mine are 'CHamma' so the last two pins on the jamma edge are only optionally connected - that means player 1 + 2 button 6 can go on what is usually another Jamma ground pin.Central link points allow you to make up adaptors with thru pins without having to add a wire for each and every pin there is. Circular cutouts at the ends allow wires that go round the edges to tuck into place and won't slip off.

Attachments

• eb2.jpg
    eb2.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 737
Those are exactly what I needed Frank, so put in some quotes from different websites.
Ended up ordering some from JLCPCB in matte black, hope they get here quick :thumbup:

Just wanted to say thanks to @Frank_fjs for providing the files required to get these printed.

I managed to get a few of these made up (30) from JLCPCB for a job that needed two :D :D (I figured why not.. It was only 15 dollars - shipping cost more)

aeee7d19347045371f8cc6f84b466abc.jpg

I quickly did two tests and they worked perfectly fine. They pass through a cps2 board on my astro city without a hiccup.

Thanks again!

Will those work on CPS1.5 and if so, do you want to part with 2-3 of them?...

Thanks, I wasn’t sure with that extra wing sticking out on the side.

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Just wondering, is there space in the sides for mounting holes or would that introduce some sort of problem?

I could certainly add mounting holes. :)

In fact, this is a very old design. I should revisit and improve upon it...

I could certainly add mounting holes. :)

In fact, this is a very old design. I should revisit and improve upon it...
If you do, I must say, I really like @'Flinnster''s design above. As I was making an Egret 2 CPS2 adapter, I was thinking it would be perfect for edge card adapter applications (like installation of @'Segasonicfan''s Sync Cleaner Pro). Alas it was not available.

Also, Flinnster's design lends well for button remapping with right angle pin headers and jumper wires. Test bench heaven!

I just drilled mounting holes :)

Seems to do the job (and I just realised it's upside down :D
)

T5YVzsc.jpg

iFx9xlB.jpg

Last edited:
I forget, are these thick enough to be useable as replacements for missing ones in CPS1.5 PCBs?

I forget, are these thick enough to be useable as replacements for missing ones in CPS1.5 PCBs?
Totally suitable for that.

@xodaraP is doing something similar I believe?
Yes they are, I used one on a 1.5 (that had a voltmeter and kick connector on it) and it was a very handy replacement

I need another couple of those

Back