What's new

asra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!

Seeing as my dongle is on its way (thanks @brizzo!) so I’m going to start looking for a system to play.

I have been doing a bit of reading on the forum and it seems like 256 systems can play the most games, which would make it like the thing to go for but I’m not totally sure.

Also interested to know accessories I need to be able to play most of the library. I just have a HAS supergun and that’s that. Based on previous threads it looks like a “JVS I/O with analog pins” is recommended. I do own a capcom converter but I’m guessing it’s not much use here.

I might wait for a good unit to show up on the forum but failing that I might have to resort to ebay, feel free to chip in with any tips to look out for and avoid getting a dud.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
You want System 256, you want Capcom IO. You should also power separately, I was able to adapt my Naomi setup with a simple power adapter you can find on ebay. More details in my thread:

Gundam 4p

You want System 256, you want Capcom IO. You should also power separately, I was able to adapt my Naomi setup with a simple power adapter you can find on ebay. More details in my thread:

Gundam 4p
Thank you! Been following that thread and got myself a capcom io and a few of those legendhk adapters.

On my way to success now, just need to get the actual 256 system!

Hello!

Thinking of getting this bad boy:
https://www.ebay.es/itm/Namco-Syste...Drive-Arcade-Video-Console-Board/173152803994

I’ve got ready for this:
-brizzo’a dongle.
-capcom io.
-Namco Power Harness connect to System 246 / 256 Mother Board Taito" as per @plasia’s thread: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Namco-P...ystem-246-256-Mother-Board-Taito/172411155600

I think I’ll also need one of these naomi to ATX adapters:
ATX-2-Naomi Power Adapter

And maybe a kick harness further down the line.

Am I leaving anything out needed for the machine to work normally? Like some crazy cable or something.

Does the unit I linked to look OK?

TIA!!

if you plug your standard CPS2 kick harness into your Capcom IO then all the additional buttons will work, that's how I have things running so far.

Power is right on, get those cables you mentioned, make sure to get a good quality Gold or better ATX power supply. I've run my 256 looping and occasionally playing Gundam Next for days with this setup no problems.

you could also get the official Namco Jamma kit, they are cheap and work like a charm for this system :)

system246-2.png

Thanks Pascal i’ll look into it if the capcom io route ends up not working out.

if you already have the capcom that should just work fine, only you would need a custom cable to power the 2x6 as the Capcom only has 1x 8pin JST connector instead of the 6 and 8 pin used on the original JVS adapter

So you could re-pin the original adapter to have all power via the 1 8 pin connector

dsc03034.jpg

Back