What's new
Thank you for your reply ! I visited that site but failed. I do no know where to contact. Even I emailed him through their site but no reply. I do not know why.

I'm using Windows 7 and it refuses to install drivers for the COM port, it just says unidentified device. Any ideas?

I never got communication working I windows. Ended up just connecting using Linux on a pi

I never got communication working I windows. Ended up just connecting using Linux on a pi
Ok after fiddling around and looking around I found a way to do it. For the unknown hardware I just use this INF to install it. Apparently Windows 7 doesn't have it built in.

Attachments

• p-starserial.zip
    798 bytes · Views: 252
Alright so I recently purchased this IDE simulator and for the life of me I cant get it to work.

Everytime I load and ISO onto my USB connected with the micro USB adapter recommended in previous comments I fire up the game and all I get is green media failed to load dots.

Does the USB need to be formatted a particular way or do I need a specific USB?

I'm running the ISOs from a SD card. Both FAT32 and exFAT formatted cards have worked for me. Maybe try the SD card slot? Just drop the ISO (not CHD) in the root of the card.

On another matter, Soul Calibur 3 always locks during attract for me. Original dongle, sc31001-na-dvd0-b.chd converted to ISO. It locks up during a very specific time, when Owlman is on the versus screen. You have to have the game running a few hours to get it that far.

Do I need a specific allocation unit size whenever I format the USB drive?

Ok quick update I got Gundam ZAFT working, but sc3 and sc2 won't boot. I'm directly creating the ISOs off the disc and moving them onto the USB. The dongle ID I have for sc3 is (SC31002-NA-A).

@nem - what original dongle are you using? I have an original SC31002-NA-A, and I just tested it - it doesn't lock up at all - it's been going for 4 hours.

I just programmed SC31001-NA-A and am letting that run now to see if I get a lockup - this is one I wouldn't normally run since it's in Japanese.

@chewthefat - when you say you can't get SC3 and SC2 to boot - what exactly is happening? Using PC software to rip the disc to an .iso and move to the usb drive should be working perfectly.

Edit: I just ran the other programmed dongle for 4 hours, and it also didn't lockup.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
@nem - what original dongle are you using? I have an original SC31002-NA-A, and I just tested it - it doesn't lock up at all - it's been going for 4 hours.

I just programmed SC31001-NA-A and am letting that run now to see if I get a lockup - this is one I wouldn't normally run since it's in Japanese.

Edit: I just ran the other programmed dongle for 4 hours, and it also didn't lockup.
Thanks so much for checking this. It's something in my setup. I'll try imaging the disc myself and trying a different SD card.

@mathewbeall - I haven't actually got a usb to work with sc2 & sc3 yet but I got a response from Colin suggesting the USB 3.0 was consuming to much current. He suggested also trying and SD card.

I went out got one and SD card and my system fired up both games right away.

Anyone have a working USB 3.0 they could suggest?

Thanks for all the help :thumbup:

I've got the adapter already, but the PNY 3.0 USB I've got only booted the ZAFT Gundam game. Also the SanDisk 2.0 USB didnt boot anything.

I got a 3 pack of cheap USB 2.0 drives and never had a problem booting anything. If you're still looking when my renovations are complete I'll be able to look for you.

Not sure if you caught my post about it earlier but Kinikuman 2 is system 246... and strangely Kinikuman 1 is 256... most places I've looked has them both listed as 256. Not sure why the newer game was released on older hardware.. but it is.
Yes, Kunikuman GP2 is 246, not 256.

Hello guys!

Couldn't contact original developer, so maybe someone here can help me clarify some things about emulator.

I plan to use it not for arcade cabinet, but for retro PC build.

Can USB sticks with CD images be hot-swapped? For example, I remove USB stick with one image and plug in another USB stick - will emulator auto-mount image from the new stick?

Is it possible to switch CD images on single CD stick without using console? You know. like CD changer functionality.

How did you try to contact me? I never saw any e-mail/etc.

Either way, USB hot-swapping should work, but hasn't been heavily tested, so you may run into a few bugs. However, I can certainly take a look and try to address any such issues in the firmware update I plan to do at some point.

There's currently no hardware buttons support, but I've been investigating the possibility of adding a driver into the firmware to support Crystalfontz LCDs. The idea being you could buy a standard USB LCD with buttons from them, and the PCB would automatically drive them with a menu allowing for selection of an ISO, but I'm still working on that (it's not super simple, since Crystalfontz used non-standard USB to RS232 chips on their boards).

Back