What's new
Actually, sounds cool. But will it be possible to connect LCD to the current revision of emulator? I mean, is it currently hardware compatible with such LCDs and it's only firmware what needs to be updated?

Yes, the hardware itself should be able to drive any USB2.0 device in host mode, though some will need external power (the Crystalfontz LCD I'm using to test is one such device, it's pretty power hungry. Thankfully, they seem to be aware of this and provide a separate power cable option).

Anyone have video of it working ? I’m thinking about doing this for my tekken 4 cabinet

Tekken 4 runs from the ODE exactly like it does from disc. Same loading, same everything. The only difference is there's no awful drive noise. If the noise is something that bothers you, it's a worthy upgrade.

I read you have multiple ISOs, bins, etc on the usb drive but I was unclear on how you select which one u want to use

Is the IDE Simulator board still available to purchase?

I'm working on restocking early 2021, but the new board will need a new firmware due to a couple of circuit tweaks so I'm polishing that as well (also featuring screwholes and a better, non-fiddly card slot).

IMG_2583.jpeg

With regards to multiple ISOs, it'll currently just use the first one it finds. You can use the command line interface available on the simulated serial port over USB to select different ones, though I've been woking on adding support for plugging in a Crystalfontz LCD/buttons module to add a menu system, and also to be able to change disk images via the IDE interface (which I've also been working on a DOS app for).

@electric_monk this sounds great
I cannot wait to get one
Let us know when available

Which crystalfontz will work?

Looking forward to using it with my system 256

The Crystalfontz I'm working with is model CFA633, though I will say I haven't finished the painful bit yet - instead of a standard USB serial interface, it has an FTDI chip which requires special non-standard drivers that aren't provided with the microcontroller's USB stack like the standard ones are, meaning I need to make my own! Once I've finished off with that it should be pretty simple to actually implement the menu, though. Any of the colours should be fine so long as it's the USB model with some buttons. I should probably also make it work on the larger 20x4 displays, but that'll be later.

Great thing
I definitely want to buy it.

Would you please let me know when you can buy it?

@brizzo That is awesome
Which model of RPi do u recommend?
Please add me to the list for sure - I can pay u right now for one if it helps u get more parts, just PM me

Hi!:)

Litlle question:?:

Is it possible to create a software automatic switching system connected from the ATAPI / IDE ODE to the Jumper connector of the Namco system 246 + / 256 on a Namco System 256 motherboard ?

To avoid the regular change of the jumper for the games.

Hi!:)

Litlle question:?:

Is it possible to create a software automatic switching system connected from the ATAPI / IDE ODE to the Jumper connector of the Namco system 246 + / 256 on a Namco System 256 motherboard ?

To avoid the regular change of the jumper for the games.
Yes this would be awesome
@brizzo is this also in the works? :)

For the 246/256 I will be offering a LCD + button selector that mounts in the 5.25 drive bay opening, which will connect to a RPi that controls both the usb dongle and ode.

Pretty please ?

Back