What's new
I've got Sengoku Basara X Cross running on my Sys256 in my cab currently.

Pretty sure it's set to 246+ mode

it would help immensly if the people who have a working setup could share the checksums of the dongle and the ISO used.

MD5, SHA1, CRC32 all accepted

I've been testing with the Sega JVS/JAMMA IO

I suppose it's possible my issues with that game are IO related. So far everything else I've tested has worked great with it.

It wont boot without a expansion memory. I think that the expansion board could a good project for @Apocalypse
What is it about? :D
I've never played any 246/256 game. :/
Reminds me of a funny story about Donkey Kong 64... It was actually designed to work without that memory expansion.
220px-Nintendo-64-Memory-Expansion-Pak.jpg

However, a memory leak existed someplace in the code that if left running for a few hours the game would crash.
Rare supposedly made every attempt they could to fix it, but with the release date approaching and still no clue how, they finally said "fuck it" and made the memory expansion a requirement/pack-in.
n64_donkey_kong_64_p_nsdmmx.jpg

See with all that extra memory the game could run for weeks without crashing, and who left a N64 console on that long anyway?
Problem solved. :P
I still doubt this whole story is true, the "bug" had been found 8 months prior to launching the game, should have been more than enough time to fix it.
Also the game still crashes if left on for 12/14h with the expansion pack. That's still a very long time.

There's a good picture of the Driving variant Mother board (that uses these Memory modules) on Arcade Otaku:

System246_MOTHER_PCB.jpg

Supposedly only the early "Driving" and 246A setups use them. and 246B and forward have the memory built into the mother board with no expansion available. I can confirm that my 246B has no such connector for them.

I don't know much about the system but I read Midnight R needs two RAM32 modules, but nothing clearly confirmed.

@twistedsymphony running sengoku x basara on DVD in 246+ mode. with no IO connected it doesn’t work. Capcom or namco IO and it’s fine. I don’t have a sega to test :/

I've got it working from disc and confirmed that it's an issue with the ode and I've sent electric monk the relevant info

Senguko works fine in my Naomi with Sega type 1 IO.
Pride GP doesnt boot here, has anyone tried it with a Sega IO?

with the chd and dongle file in the roll up pack?
Did you try it with a cd or dvd?

Tried both CDR and DVDR, still not booting. The dvd drive is just starting up and doing nothing after.
Tried three different drives, two of them are Tekken 4-proof, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Tried both CDR and DVDR, still not booting. The dvd drive is just starting up and doing nothing after.
Tried three different drives, two of them are Tekken 4-proof, so that shouldn't be the problem.
it's definitely a DVD game. What System 2x6 are you using?

the game doesn't seem to boot in my system 246B but it does on my 256.

Also, this discussion really should be in the roll-up-pack thread, as it's not relevant to the ODE.

Back