What's new
I’ll print it this afternoon - that will protect it which is my main concern!

Found the email in my junk mail folder and just ordered. Can't wait.

@electric_monk - I will look forward to your new enclosure that hopefully makes it fit in the dvd rom space - also closing that gap will bring airflow back to what it should be....

I tried printing your original - and although it printer perfectly - I couldn't actually get it to fit right or snap together...

Thanks!

Matt

@electric_monk - I will look forward to your new enclosure that hopefully makes it fit in the dvd rom space - also closing that gap will bring airflow back to what it should be....

I tried printing your original - and although it printer perfectly - I couldn't actually get it to fit right or snap together...

Thanks!

Matt
Seems like the best thing would be to accommodate a RPi as well and an LCD screen for game selection where the DVD drive normally sits, would be really sweet to have a fully integrated solution that works with @brizzos multi dongle and can write both that and the disc image at the same time as @twistedsymphony envisioned.

If @electric_monk can add support for HDD images to his ODE it would be a definite buy from me, though it's already a great product and worth the money IMO.

One notion that amused me was that since the PCB support USB host, it could drive the USB dongle directly (there's already requests it drives a USB LCD/screen directly). It could also use a USB ethernet dongle to be "online" for loading games over LAN or whatever, the main issue at that point is that it doesn't currently have a USB hub driver to plug in more than two things.

I am looking into HDD support too, but so far the 2x6 won't even try talking to the PCB with a hard disk game, so I'm not sure which esoteric thing I've forgotten to do to make it happy yet :)

Mine arrived today, I'm pretty sick atm but I'll try and test soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20190508_131449053.jpg
    IMG_20190508_131449053.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 258
Everything seems to be good. No idea how I will mount them permanently in there.

Attachments

• IMG_20190509_152708714.jpg
    IMG_20190509_152708714.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20190509_152726460.jpg
    IMG_20190509_152726460.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 285
Wow that SD card slot is obnoxious, took me a few goes. Good thing I'll never be changing this system again. USB functionality is excellent, worked first time.

Received mine :)
So great, it's working fine !

Just disappointed for the price by the chosen SD slot: so difficult to put the SD in place, difficult to eject :(

Hope someone will be doing a custom DVD slot front plate with USB plugs.

Is there any documentation except this page ? What are the jumper used for ?
This will simulate CD / DVD, but is it possible to put a an HDD game on the SD card (Fate: Unlimited Codes for example) ?

IMG_20190509_160602.jpg

Is there any documentation except this page ?
AFAIK, no.
What are the jumper used for ?
They're not jumpers, it's the audio output connector for discs that use Red Book Audio the plastic cap that's on there is just there to keep the pins from shorting out on stuff.
is it possible to put a an HDD game on the SD card
not currently, but maybe in a future firmware update.

Last edited:
If there's anything obviously missing from the documentation (such as a diagram of what everything is?) please let me know ;)

Back