What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have an original Cybattler here I've been working on for someone and it's close to perfect but it has a sprite glitch I can't seem to work out. The ROMs have tested fine and I only have the issue if both sprite ROMs are installed.

If I install mask ROM 2 only, I don't get any glitching at all, but sprites are partially missing. If I install ROM 3 by itself then all sprites are missing. It is funny that if one or both sprite ROMs are missing that the game still plays just with no sprites. The test when the board is booted isn't checking whether they're even both present much less whether they're sending any data.

Here is a photo of the glitching I'm getting with both ROMs installed (ignore the black and white - the S-Video connector on my PVM seems to have issues with Cybattler for some reason)

IMG_2893.JPG

I've run across the Iogic I can see are related to these ROMs and they all appear to be doing what they're supposed to be doing, I'm wondering if the PAL that handles sprite priority has gone bad. I did notice if I play with that PAL I can mess up the sprites and 1 pin seems to mess up the sprites that are glitched but there are several pins that are completely dead.

@twistedsymphony - are you able to let me know if there should be activity on all the pins on the sprite priority PAL or if there are any that are not used?

Last edited:
Back