What's new

telmnstr

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello! I am a long time pinball and arcade hobbyist.

Current vid collection of interest to this community includes a Neo-Geo, a pair of Outrun 2 cabinets (Chihiro hardware) and a Crazy Taxi (Naomi.) I also have a few Bemani machines as well.

I have worked on games with friends and an arcade in NC in the past.

I volunteer with the MAGFest Music and Gaming Festival every year. There, we have a Triforce based F-Zero AX and some other goodies.

On the shelf I have a Namco 256 system that I hope to get setup to swap in the NeoGeo cab, and am working on getting a Naomi 2 with NetDimm to swap into Crazy Taxi and NeoGeo cabs once in a while.

Fun times, and I love the fact that so many arcade platforms are getting restored and popped open for preservation.

Hello and welcome. You sound familiar.. I gave a 256 system away once, an Empty NeoGeo cab and two other empty cabs to a fellow that volunteer for MAGFest as well...It is crazy how MagFest Hotels reservation is done now and the tickets are high..that is what happens when an event becomes popular, I guess:)

My brother lives in Woodbridge, VA and runs a food truck in DC.

Welcome!

Hello and welcome. You sound familiar.. I gave a 256 system away once, an Empty NeoGeo cab and two other empty cabs to a fellow that volunteer for MAGFest as well...It is crazy how MagFest Hotels reservation is done now and the tickets are high..that is what happens when an event becomes popular, I guess:)
Hmmm that sounds like Nugget and the 256 system I own! Was there a Chihiro also? I was just working with the Chihiro comparing it to mine as I try to convert some games over to Compact flash (from outrun 2 pair that is usually on floor @ MAGFest.) <3 Much thanks.

The tickets aren't the hard part, the hotels are. But if local can always drive to a fairly close cheap parking garage then uber over to the Gaylord. Or find peeps that got rooms.

No one ever tried to make the event large, it just grew on it's own. Tons of stress and work on the volunteers behind it.

Hmmm that sounds like Nugget and the 256 system I own! Was there a Chihiro also? I was just working with the Chihiro comparing it to mine as I try to convert some games over to Compact flash (from outrun 2 pair that is usually on floor @ MAGFest.) <3 Much thanks.
The tickets aren't the hard part, the hotels are. But if local can always drive to a fairly close cheap parking garage then uber over to the Gaylord. Or find peeps that got rooms.

No one ever tried to make the event large, it just grew on it's own. Tons of stress and work on the volunteers behind it.
there was a Chihiro as well:).. I never used the systems and there were just collecting dust.. I am glad to hear that they are useful..

I used to be able to reserve 3 nights no problem but the last 3 MagFest were crazy.. I didn't attempt to book hotel this year.. the tickets were $40 when I started attending and now they are $75 I think. The MagFest forum was a great way to find roommates and that is also being taken way.. I live about 30ms from the event so this time, I think that I will just use Uber in.

I do appreciate the love that you guys put in since it is a no pay, volunteers work and I love the arcade room:)

Back