SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
My Setup
My Setup said:
CPS2 Board Revision 4
PalG lifted pin9
Replaced the broken pins with the new one that Darksoft sent
Key Writers wires are soldered correctly to CN2 pins (Thanks to @djcalle )
CPS2 Rollbase romset on 16SD Card
LCD unit works perfectly and games can be flashed
tShrOev.jpg

OWTbIVs.jpg

nsfYEHc.jpg

Issues Found said:
Graphic glitches with vertical jail bars
Text graphics are messed up on the intro screen
If you unhook the PALG cable, there will be no sound (hook it back up, you can hear sound)
t78GobE.jpg

5yONJ3J.jpg

OcQN3GR.jpg

MThQH1l.jpg

rYhPQpa.jpg

What I've done
  1. Reseated the board
  2. Make sure all the pins are pushed down tightly and there nothing loose
  3. Flash different games to test out but all the games I tested yield the same results

Does it work with a different A board?
I’ve seen the same kind of behaviour on a CPS1 with a busted A board

This looks like a problem of contact between A and B Board. It could be also that the jumpers or the PAL are not OK.

I have a PAL G chip grabbed when i got the kit, but when i preorder the kit i didn't have a A & B boards, and i ended with an GPAL chip. Now my boards are a REV 6 and the other is rev 6 or rev 7, i don't know yet because i didn't open the MVC B board case. Anyway if anybody need that chip i can send it ^^

I recently set up for kit, and had a similar issue (but only on foreground sprites). The issue was a bad connection between the muilti kit and the B board where chips 3 - 8 would normally go. Pressing down a bit more firmly resolved the issue.

Latest update 12 December 2018
  • Swap out the A-board with the one that @djcalle has ---> issue still persists
  • Did the jumper test again ----> issue still persists (please check video here unless i must have done something wrong in this step)
  • Reinstall the board and push it down super tightly ( i don't think i can push it any harder unless i want to break my board)
@Darksoft
So i suspect it has to be something else, would it be PalG faulty? or perhaps my CPS2 kit is faulty?

I am willing to pay for anyone who can come and trouble shoot this board for me if you are in VIC, Melbourne.
Please PM me as I'm giving up on this...

Last edited:
I would say that it may be a GAL issue or a bad pin. That is assuming that all pins are OK and that you have tried with a different B Board.

@djsheep is also from Australia. Maybe he or some other Australian users could help.

Hey @Darksoft — the man from the land down under for CPS-2 multi troubleshooting is @xodaraP, @modology — drop him a PM and hope you guys can work it out :)

Was the B board working before you installed the multi?

Things to check first:
Install another game if you have ROMs available to confirm that the B is good

Check for bent pins between A and B

Broken pins on multi board connected to main program ROM area (lower of the 2 boards connected via the interconnect)

Interconnect seated properly

Main program ROM multi board seated properly into sockets

It could be bad sockets on the B board or an issue with the B board itself

thanks for the tips from @syntax_X
This is what I did:
- Reseat all three boards and make them levelled (parallel to each other)
- Test with G-PAL hooked up (I got SOLID GREEN SCREEN)
- Test with G-PAL removed from the socket ( I got GLITCHY SCREEN but TEXT are now totally READABLE)

Check video here:

From what @syntax_X theory suggested: ---> My PAL-G is burnt BLANK, he said he has experienced this issue on others kit before as well

@syntax_X is nice enough that he is going to send me his PAL-G to test further

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES i think the PAL-G that you sent is blank, it seems to be the case here.

In this case you're not wrong :P @djsheep is very close to me (60km/1 hour away) - it's very common for people to live where I live and work in the city where he is.
Yeah, Australia looks very close on the map, but @Frank_fjs is 1250 miles / 2000 km away from us and it would take a full 24 hours to drive but just 2 hours on a plane. We do have a fairly efficient and affordable overnight postal service which makes pressing matters bearable.

Last edited:
that's 20 miles an hour? When you said driving you mean by car or bike? :P

that's 20 miles an hour? When you said driving you mean by car or bike? :P
Whoops. Just edited the post with a more factual distance. It’s about 80km/hr now. We have lots of speed cameras, no autobahn and shitty roads. Honestly though, flying is really the only option between states down under. I’ve driven before, but it wasn’t enjoyable unless it was a planned road trip with lots of stops.

It’s about 80km/hr now.
that sounds much better :)
The other option is when it's too crowded and roads are still shit like happens in many places in Poland. I'm like 80Km from Krakow and I need 1.5h to get there. That's like 53Km/h X/

Back