What's new

c0nn0r

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Finally getting around to introducing myself after being a lurking member for a while. I grew-up in the 80's and spent quite a bit of time getting to know and love computers and video games in that dearest of golden eras. First computer was a Timex Sinclair, then a C64, then a Mac Plus. My older brother had an Atari 2600, but I began my console life with a SEGA Master System with Alien Syndrome and Kenseiden.

These days I gravitate towards classic games because I can't stand the online bullshit, screamers, downloads, credit cards, and constant milking. I like my games to be friendly and relaxing, not adversarial.

Currently I have hooked up to my RGB PVM: SEGA Genesis with Mega Everdrive X7, SEGA Saturn with PseudoSaturn, NEO GEO CMVS, and a Playstation 2 for DVD functions hooked up via composite. i also have a SEGA New Astro City that I LOVE.

I like to buy cheaper arcade PCBs, and I do sometimes splurge on a more expensive board... I'm decent with electronics, and I have revivied a number of boards as fun projects, so this is generally how I get my more expensive boards - as broken units to be fixed.

I do currently have one current-gen console, and that's the Nintendo Switch which is so darn charming. I'm 100% behind Nintendo's lack of online bullshit.

I've been a member over at Neo-Geo.com for the past 6 years or so, and figured I would come over here and join the club. I hope to meet some nice folks that share my interest in classic and arcade gaming!

Current setup:

introduce2.jpg

Back