What's new

ZERO_MILES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there! First of all, I've trying to read a few threads -- this only led me to have more questions regarding this system.

I am about to get my mitts on a Taito Type X2 with Street Fighter IV.

Is it possible to prepare a "multigame + upgrade" at the same time and simply swap the original hard drive with the new one? I'd love to use an SSD, because it highly improves boot / load times, plus it will save energy and should last much longer.

Also, I've read mixed reviews about using the Capcom I/O board with the Type X2. Some people seem to love it, some seem to have trouble (mostly regarding low voltages). Is there a final veredict on this matter? I do have a SEGA I/O board laying around, but I don't use it because it's kinda limited.

Thanks!

Is it possible to prepare a "multigame + upgrade" at the same time and simply swap the original hard drive with the new one? I'd love to use an SSD, because it highly improves boot / load times, plus it will save energy and should last much longer.
Yes you can even set up games on different drives and swap between them. SSD works just fine.
Also, I've read mixed reviews about using the Capcom I/O board with the Type X2. Some people seem to love it, some seem to have trouble (mostly regarding low voltages). Is there a final veredict on this matter? I do have a SEGA I/O board laying around, but I don't use it because it's kinda limited.
I use a Capcom I/O-JVS for my TTX2 and have not had any issues. Mine is a US ver2.

Thank you, @Dreygor!

Would you recommend me to use my original Hard Drive (with SF4) to add more games? Or should I keep it original and buy an SSD?

In both cases, any pointers to a guide or something in the likes? I tried reading @'Niko''s thread with the freeware app, but it's waaaaaay too long and I got a bit confused -- can't mess this up, because the X2 cost me a pretty penny here in Brazil.

Thank you so much.

Thank you, @Dreygor!

Would you recommend me to use my original Hard Drive (with SF4) to add more games? Or should I keep it original and buy an SSD?

In both cases, any pointers to a guide or something in the likes? I tried reading @'Niko''s thread with the freeware app, but it's waaaaaay too long and I got a bit confused -- can't mess this up, because the X2 cost me a pretty penny here in Brazil.

Thank you so much.
Please use a new SSD or HDD. No need to write to official game drives :)

I'll send you a PM with instructions and download link here shortly.

Thank you so much.
LOL those things cost a pretty penny no matter where you are :)

@Dreygor They're not too pricey on Y!AJ, what drives the cost up are shipping costs and, in my case, crazy import taxes.

We're charged 60% import taxes plus some other stupid fees over here.

s'all good, though, at least I'll be able to play a ton of TTX TTX2 games :)

Back