What's new

Hatsune Mike

Champion
Reaction score
Splitfire is available from the Birdland Arcade store.

bl-shop-splitfire-092121_2048x2048.jpg

Splitfire is a device that makes capturing JAMMA footage easy. It buffers RGB signals and correctly isolates and attenuates the balanced audio from JAMMA PCBs. The days of handwired resistor dividers, channel adjustment knobs, and custom harnesses for capture are over.

RGB comes through a VGA port and may be plugged directly into common equipment (OSSC, X-Capture, USB3HDCAP, etc.)
Audio comes through a 3.5mm TRS jack ("stereo mini").

Male JAMMA edge is hard gold plated, and the female JAMMA socket is the high quality Hirose CR7E-56DA with the G-pin key.

Splitfire is available from the Birdland Arcade store.

Coming soon, for $100, is Splitfire, a JAMMA capture and streaming solution.

KR3wIH7l.jpg

Features:
* Video Isolation and Attenuation

The connected sink will not affect the brightness or termination on the original JAMMA setup. JAMMA games have non-standard video levels, so a contrast knob is mounted on the board. Again, doesn't affect the original JAMMA cab setup. An optional low-pass filter may be enabled. The video buffer can drive a 75-ohm load (like a Sony PVM).
* Audio Isolation and Attenuation
Audio is isolated via a high impedance audio transformer, the Tamura TTC-167 (which costs $6.88) for safe line level audio conversion. Attenuation is provided inline as well.
* Sync Buffering
Sync is buffered either through the video buffer (default) or a 74HCT buffer. The sync output is capable of driving a 75-ohm load (like a Sony PVM). In either case, the JAMMA cab sync line is buffered separately, so a low-impedance termination will not cause the cabinet to lose sync (common with System 16B boards)
* Hard gold edge connector
We shelled out for the proper hard gold coating and beveling instead of ENIG or HASL coating, so the connector won't tarnish with heavy use.
* Keyed JAMMA connector
Pin 7 is notched out so you won't put this thing in backwards. This isn't a bootleg board covered in Actels!

Currently the first batch has been assembled and is in the hands of many happy arcade gamers. A public release will follow shortly.

Last edited:
2 of these types of products posted on the site within days ???

Choices, choices, hmmmmm......

For my needs, and the price, this one wins :D

Mike, I'll take 1 please :)

Please PM your address as well, I still gotta send you something, its all boxed up. ;)

Last edited:
This is awesome, good work and looking forward to seeing more...

Nice price too!

2 of these types of products posted on the site within days ???

Choices, choices, hmmmmm......

FO my needs, and the price, this one wins :D

Mike, I'll take 1 please :)

Please PM your address as well, I still gotta send you something, its all boxed up. ;)
Yeah, I was interested in the other one, till the price kinda scared me off. Almost $200 for a capture middleman device is a bit steep for a sure-buy. But this one at $100 is a no-brainer!

Count me in for one when they're ready. :thumbup:

Yeah, I'll give up input display to save $100. Put me down for one.

Some recordings from last night:

Mr. Driller 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqkrvoxD9Xs
Sexy Parodius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkrFa0quFw

Cool but you couldn’t choose a different name? Just 1 letter off from Spitfire?
Sorry - at the time I had no idea there was any product by that name. It was only meant to be a pun on the actual word, "spitfire". Someone pointed out the name similarity only a few days ago. Fifty PCBs have already been printed this way. I don't see anything called Spitfire on your website; all I can find is an old AP post saying "Spitfire is now SOLD out and gone for good, thanks guys"... if it's still an issue PM me and we can figure something out.

Last edited:
Wow nice, 2 of these solutions at the same time. Have been playing with the idea to make one of these myself, but this is very nice. Which capture card is preferred for one of these? There don't seem to be many cards which support these low resolutions like 15khz.

I'd also be really interested in one, is there a video of it being used that potential buyers can see?

Also curious which capture solutions have been used and are working with this device; assuming OSSC?

Thanks!

- Pete

loledit: I just saw your 2 videos a few posts up! What capture device was used in those? Looks sharp!

Last edited:
OK, put me down for one - paypal is at the ready! :)

Thanks

Can you explain to a noob like me what this does exactly? If I use a HAS for my JAMMA games, into an OSSC, then into a video capture device, where would this fit in?

Thanks, regardless if it works for me or not, it looks cool and it's great to have more products out there!

Can you explain to a noob like me what this does exactly? If I use a HAS for my JAMMA games, into an OSSC, then into a video capture device, where would this fit in?

Thanks, regardless if it works for me or not, it looks cool and it's great to have more products out there!
Short answer: you don't need this. It's for people like me, who have cabs, and might want to capture off them.

Short answer: you don't need this. It's for people like me, who have cabs, and might want to capture off them.
exactly.

I’ve got a JROK Multi Williams (JAMMA) in my Robotron cab that I’ve been wanting to capture some footage off. This way I can keep everything in the cab, use the proper controls and get a good capture off it.

Back