What's new
Please add me to the list.

Also, can the adjustment pots be used for the jamma video or will they only work for the split out video? I have a multi jamma setup where I'd like to adjust the colors on one pcb while keeping my others calibrated by the monitor default. I'm hoping that the splitfire can help me with this setup.

Also, can the adjustment pots be used for the jamma video or will they only work for the split out video? I have a multi jamma setup where I'd like to adjust the colors on one pcb while keeping my others calibrated by the monitor default. I'm hoping that the splitfire can help me with this setup.
The video gain POT is only for the split signal that's being sent out of the Splitfire. It will not affect the signal running into the arcade monitor, thereby having no affect on the picture on your monitor.

There's value in making a service PCB for cab conveniences but I'm not going to add random features that are outside of the intent of the product.

When I had an Aero City, I wanted to make a little sub PCB that provides audio attenuation, unity gain adjustment and image positioning, as those are the main frustrations of using a lot of first-generation JAMMA cabinets.

There's value in making a service PCB for cab conveniences but I'm not going to add random features that are outside of the intent of the product.

When I had an Aero City, I wanted to make a little sub PCB that provides audio attenuation, unity gain adjustment and image positioning, as those are the main frustrations of using a lot of first-generation JAMMA cabinets.
In for 3, when you make em.

The video gain POT is only for the split signal that's being sent out of the Splitfire. It will not affect the signal running into the arcade monitor, thereby having no affect on the picture on your monitor.
Thank you for the clarification!

Yeah that would be extremely useful for my scenario. Let me know if you ever make anything like that and I'll gladly buy 1 (or two!)

Please keep me on the list for the SplitFire. Worst case scenario I could still hook up the split-out video to a different screen to play the game in question while still using the cabinet controls.

With some co-op from @KaPH33n for logistics and assembly, we're a week or two away from having another batch ready. PCBs have been ordered, parts are here. These will be able to go a lot faster than before.

A nice small change is a move to a gold-plated contact for the JAMMA socket, which also supports (and comes with) a G-pin / key.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 244
With some co-op from @KaPH33n for logistics and assembly, we're a week or two away from having another batch ready. PCBs have been ordered, parts are here. These will be able to go a lot faster than before.

A nice small change is a move to a gold-plated contact for the JAMMA socket, which also supports (and comes with) a G-pin / key.
9e9.gif

I got some bills with your name on em!

The list of orders to process is stored in the order that posts were made in both threads. I'm looking at the thread, and I think I've found your post, so you should be on the list. However, I don't have you under the name you are using here.

can I have one now?
Yes, you preordered early and will be in this current group for sure.

I am going to be covering the logistics end from this point, so let's leave Mike to other more important stuff. Feel free to make announcements or corrections Mike, but otherwise I am going to handle all of the coordinating of payment and fulfillment. I will be using the spreadsheet that Mike started and keeping to the order people preordered in.

I don't want to go through confirming which people are in this group vs the next... don't worry. I plan to fulfill all preorders that have happened, but this will need to be done in lots. I don't expect additional runs to take nearly as long of a wait as since the first run. So I'll be contacting people individually as these become available. Remember we're hand assembling these guys, so it's still a lot of effort. We spoke about offering kits and decided that it's just not a good idea since there is some tricky SMT work to be done. We want the product to stand on its own and be judged based on our production.

I need one badly, I'm streaming 3 times a week at least, on a sub standard setup. Not sure where I am in the list though, please take my money! ;¬)

can I have one now?
Yes, you preordered early and will be in this current group for sure.
I am going to be covering the logistics end from this point, so let's leave Mike to other more important stuff. Feel free to make announcements or corrections Mike, but otherwise I am going to handle all of the coordinating of payment and fulfillment. I will be using the spreadsheet that Mike started and keeping to the order people preordered in.

I don't want to go through confirming which people are in this group vs the next... don't worry. I plan to fulfill all preorders that have happened, but this will need to be done in lots. I don't expect additional runs to take nearly as long of a wait as since the first run. So I'll be contacting people individually as these become available. Remember we're hand assembling these guys, so it's still a lot of effort. We spoke about offering kits and decided that it's just not a good idea since there is some tricky SMT work to be done. We want the product to stand on its own and be judged based on our production.
ok if you want, contact me only on this forum

Haven't checked this site in awhile, but made a post back in November, does that still put me on the list...?

does that still put me on the list...?
Yes, you are in there. I have gone through both this thread and the one on shmups and triple checked that everyone mentioning specific interest in purchase is on the list.

Full transparency, we have received all components from DigiKey but we have not yet received the PCBs. We will announce when they've arrived and we've started the assembly (should be any day now).

Back