What's new
Surprise! It's Hirose CR7E-56DA from here on. With the G-PIN key on pin 7. Please, tell me again they are obsolete and discontinued.

Boards work well; only goofy mistake I made can be easily fixed in later revs and have no functional impact (superficial and/or placement related).

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 183
Huh so that’s what the official key pin looks like. Nice! Sell me some extras!

Here's to hoping I'm still far enough up the list to be in this shipment!

Wanted to check if I was still on the list for a 2nd unit. Wasn't sure if my name on that list meant I was put back in a waiting list

Put me down for one unit.

I expressed interest on the Shmup thread a while ago under a different name; already PM'ed you about it.

Hi, im not sure if this is what I need for what I want to do. Hoping someone can help?

I want to split my image over two 15khz cabs (they both have a 1-player cp). I already have both controls wired into a single jamma edge. So I just need the video and audio split to the 2nd cab.

I was thinking splitfire is what I want. So had 3 quick questions.

A) is there any noticeable lag on the 2 images and are they in sync (timing wise)?
B) the 2nd cab is not wired for jamma, but the monitor (that I want to link to) is currently connected by a vga cable to a 15khz signal (from a pc setup with arcadeVga card). Will this be a simple plug and play solution into the splitfire vga connection?
C) is there 100% pass through of all the other jamma pins (I have a pi2jamma setup that uses every single pin except the 7th)

Sorry for all the questions. Hope it's straight forward. Appreciate all the effort.

Hi, im not sure if this is what I need for what I want to do. Hoping someone can help?

I want to split my image over two 15khz cabs (they both have a 1-player cp). I already have both controls wired into a single jamma edge. So I just need the video and audio split to the 2nd cab.

I was thinking splitfire is what I want. So had 3 quick questions.

A) is there any noticeable lag on the 2 images and are they in sync (timing wise)?
B) the 2nd cab is not wired for jamma, but the monitor (that I want to link to) is currently connected by a vga cable to a 15khz signal (from a pc setup with arcadeVga card). Will this be a simple plug and play solution into the splitfire vga connection?
C) is there 100% pass through of all the other jamma pins (I have a pi2jamma setup that uses every single pin except the 7th)

Sorry for all the questions. Hope it's straight forward. Appreciate all the effort.
You don't want splitfire for this. Splitfire is for splitting out video to non-arcade monitors. Jamma video is high impedance unlike consumer tvs/scart which is low impedance.

You will just want to wire the Jamma output to both monitors without extra circuitry.

Thanks for the reply Buffi,

Perhaps I should just jammafy my 2nd cab and wait for the versus kit to come out instead.

Adam

This is a great product to capture video from Jamma, but as it's already been said, this probably isn't suited to what you want to do.

To split the video signal into 2 you can use the Sega video buffer PCB to split video to 2 RGB arcade monitors. I've come across 2 types, the small one that's found in the Blast City Vs kit, and another found in the Lindbergh Vs Kits. It depends on what you have in your cabs what solution you use for the sound.

If you start another thread asking for advice on what to use I'm sure you will get some great advice. :)

As mentioned, @Hatsune Mike already has a product for that purpose, it's this one

Universal JAMMA versus kit

You don't need a video buffer for high impedance jamma boards. The Versus City as standard has the video signals just split. Works fine.

Wherever I am on the list, there is money waiting.
I lost my OSSC during the move, and this thing is exactly what I need to direct feed into my Datapath card.

Wherever I am on the list, there is money waiting.
I lost my OSSC during the move, and this thing is exactly what I need to direct feed into my Datapath card.
Sorry to hear about your OSSC :(

Back