What's new
As mentioned, @Hatsune Mike already has a product for that purpose, it's this one

Universal JAMMA versus kit

You don't need a video buffer for high impedance jamma boards. The Versus City as standard has the video signals just split. Works fine.
For a Versus City, or any cabinet with two matching monitors, that's definitely true. Two different monitors, though, may not have matching input impedance. In one situation, between two slightly different Hitachi GMK series monitors in two Neo Candy 29 cabinets, splitting the video passively resulted in one side having a good amount of horizontal blur, giving it the appearance of significantly reduced bandwidth (looked like 1-2MHz).

As mentioned, @Hatsune Mike already has a product for that purpose, it's this one

Universal JAMMA versus kit

You don't need a video buffer for high impedance jamma boards. The Versus City as standard has the video signals just split. Works fine.
For a Versus City, or any cabinet with two matching monitors, that's definitely true. Two different monitors, though, may not have matching input impedance. In one situation, between two slightly different Hitachi GMK series monitors in two Neo Candy 29 cabinets, splitting the video passively resulted in one side having a good amount of horizontal blur, giving it the appearance of significantly reduced bandwidth (looked like 1-2MHz).
I tried splitting a video signal from the Jamma edge without any circuitry, one to a MS-2930 and the other to a GBS8200/different monitor but the video became dim, so I used a Sega 839-0904 buffer board and that worked for me, but, I had to find a solution for the sound which is more messing about.

If Mike's Universal Jamma Kit was available when I was after a solution I would have gone for that to save all the hassle. I didn't know it was available to purchase to be honest. All I was trying to do was give another option which worked for me, but I guess it's not required.

Sorry for mentioning it.

Last edited:
Any updates? Is the batch sold out yet?
That are damn good questions - I reached out a few times to @Hatsune Mike but never got an answer :( .
I asked on the Shmups Splitfire Thread about being on the list first on December 26th 2019 - since then no answer / reaction to anything :( .

I could live with a "hey stupid there are no units available anymore - fuck off" answer but getting no answer at all is really sad ;( ;( ;( .

And yes I understand there is a high demand for the Splitfire and way more people in line for one before me but info would be nice :) .

Any updates? Is the batch sold out yet?
That are damn good questions - I reached out a few times to @Hatsune Mike but never got an answer :( .I asked on the Shmups Splitfire Thread about being on the list first on December 26th 2019 - since then no answer / reaction to anything :( .

I could live with a "hey stupid there are no units available anymore - fuck off" answer but getting no answer at all is really sad ;( ;( ;( .

And yes I understand there is a high demand for the Splitfire and way more people in line for one before me but info would be nice :) .
be patient. The list is up to date and he is still working on assembly.

You have no right to complain about not being answered timely on a hobbyist project.

You haven’t paid and I see no evidence of foul play.

Just chill out dude. We all want it and it will be ready when it’s ready.

@hoagtech
Of course Im aware that it is a hobbyist project.
All I wanted was an answer to one of my 2 PMs I sent Mike (and he read both of them) - if he would said it will take more time, the assembly is not done, the PCBs are not ready or whatever I would have not said anything.
But it can be a hobbyist project all day - an answer to a PM would still be nice.

And yes its not foul play but you know there is something called communication.

PS: Im chilled out :) I just want a Splitfire :) .

Not a single unit has been moved yet. When I'm able to do so, they first go to internal members who wanted them first (probably ~12 or so). Then, as discussed, they'll go out in order from the list. Every week I get a handful of messages like "are they still there?? can I get mine now instead of later?? can I jump the list???? Actually can I get five??" and then some people ghost after making these requests when their turn comes up. Other PMs are genuine and well-intentioned, but I've said a number of times that the thread is the main form of tracking and there isn't special magical information that is only obtainable via PM, unless you've been messaged that your unit is ready. Both this site and shmups I've been visiting less and less.

If that's too bothersome to people, then I can move it to listing units on eBay if people would prefer it. However, I think that would irritate anyone who is queued close to the front of the list. In a perfect world, we'd just have a simple storefront setup for NAC, but there are bureaucratic challenges in place before that can be done that are simply out of my hands. Then, there's getting boxes and manuals, which I do not have yet.

I'm trying not to lose my mind working from home when I'm barely able to get out of bed after barely being able to sleep. I'm barely able to handle keeping it together, let alone manufacturing and coordinating getting these out.

EDIT: I'm not posting this to say you're wrong for asking or being annoyed. The communication has been terrible. I'm saying that I'm trying and an absolutely overwhelmed with this and everything else.

Just posting in support :) I've been there before (in a few different ways), and I hope you will take some time to relax and don't let this stress you out too badly. Wishing you well, and thanks for everything you've done even so far :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Doesn’t matter if I get one this bath or not I’m down to help cause I know this is stressful bro. Let me know and I’ll bring some beers over and help anyway I can brotha

Not a single unit has been moved yet. When I'm able to do so, they first go to internal members who wanted them first (probably ~12 or so). Then, as discussed, they'll go out in order from the list. Every week I get a handful of messages like "are they still there?? can I get mine now instead of later?? can I jump the list???? Actually can I get five??" and then some people ghost after making these requests when their turn comes up. Other PMs are genuine and well-intentioned, but I've said a number of times that the thread is the main form of tracking and there isn't special magical information that is only obtainable via PM, unless you've been messaged that your unit is ready. Both this site and shmups I've been visiting less and less.

If that's too bothersome to people, then I can move it to listing units on eBay if people would prefer it. However, I think that would irritate anyone who is queued close to the front of the list. In a perfect world, we'd just have a simple storefront setup for NAC, but there are bureaucratic challenges in place before that can be done that are simply out of my hands. Then, there's getting boxes and manuals, which I do not have yet.

I'm trying not to lose my mind working from home when I'm barely able to get out of bed after barely being able to sleep. I'm barely able to handle keeping it together, let alone manufacturing and coordinating getting these out.

EDIT: I'm not posting this to say you're wrong for asking or being annoyed. The communication has been terrible. I'm saying that I'm trying and an absolutely overwhelmed with this and everything else.
If you would have told me that in a PM I would have left you alone and would have just waited for the PM that the Splitfire is done :). Thank you for your answer & for your honest infos - thats all I wanted to hear / know. Im not here to put stress on you - take your time. I been through depression also already (took nearly 2years) and its really one of the worst things that can happen to anyone.
I cant thank you enough for even making these units in the first place.
I know my post was not written good & I really do apologize for it.
Please put your health first before everything else.

I'm down for one. I think i'm already on the list, but I'm not sure where I'm at in the queue. Nice product!

Hi,

I will take two whenever it is my turn and will wait to receive a PM.

Thank you for the hard work on this great product.

I have a question for someone that know:

I have this board
I have a New Versus City
I have a Street Fighter 3 Third strike board

I want to acquire video by NAC splitfire, what kind of acquisition board I need?
At what Resolution I will acquire it?

Someone can explain me?

thank you guys

I don't believe the Splitfire changes the resolution so expect to capture exactly whatever the native resolution is from the source. I'm not sure what that is for this game.

Back