What's new
I just noticed the preorder interest thread is closed. It's gettin' real folks!

now Bob has posted it on his news site and it will be in the roundup everything is gonna suck :(

Although I haven't really posted I've been checking this board every week for years in hope & now going to have to play refresh lotto ala GDEMU anyway
So you're mad that I'm helping to promote Darksoft and his work? You can dance fuck right off...

now Bob has posted it on his news site and it will be in the roundup everything is gonna suck :(

Although I haven't really posted I've been checking this board every week for years in hope & now going to have to play refresh lotto ala GDEMU anyway
So you're mad that I'm helping to promote Darksoft and his work? You can dance fuck right off...
Whoa, Calm down Bob. I think he was just meaning that your show is so popular that once you talk about something the rush for purchases starts, which is awesome for Darksoft, but I think @Matcha just means it may be harder to jump in on the first 100. No need to get sassy about it!

But the thing is if you get taken by a flipper of a Darksoft multi then you just don't know what's going on. None of Darksoft's multis are out of production so anyone can get one for regular price if they wait. Buying one for more money off of Ebay, for example, just does not make sense.

I am super excited for this to finally come out! Metal slug series... here I come!

The AES one is a bit different as that's traditionally been a premium system - so I expect a bit of flipping - especially on the first 100. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Bob - I'm not offended... just someone asks if maybe you could hold up posting (maybe jokingly, maybe not) and then you post straight away.

Just like with GDEMU (not so much since the clones) and Rhea/Phoebe.. all you need to do to make $400 a pop is keep tuned to your news for when these things go on sale.. then spam the hell out of the website. Flippers get everything, the rest get nothing.

It turns out it's not going to be first come first serve anyway.. so that's alleviated my concern.. but it wasn't originally the case.. maybe the news needs updating?

Last edited:
The AES one is a bit different as that's traditionally been a premium system - so I expect a bit of flipping - especially on the first 100. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Bob - I'm not offended... just someone asks if maybe you could hold up posting (maybe jokingly, maybe not) and then you post straight away.

Just like with GDEMU (not so much since the clones) and Rhea/Phoebe.. all you need to do to make $400 a pop is keep tuned to your news for when these things go on sale.. then spam the hell out of the website. Flippers get everything, the rest get nothing.

It turns out it's not going to be first come first serve anyway.. so that's alleviated my concern.. but it wasn't originally the case.. maybe the news needs updating?
Dude, the website and the videos Bob does are great and they bring positive attention to our hobby, oh, and also help DS and others sell to what is probably a very limited audience

I get it, we all hate having to wait longer and pay more for something, but really NONE of the items on here are sold how that dude sells those OEs (which is the worse way I've ever seen someone try to sell shit).

Don't get on Bob's ass for doing what we enjoy he does!

Just my humble opinion though, I could be wrong (but rarely am!).

I like the website and the videos too.. I don't see what that has to do with it.

But to be all critical of the way the GDEMU / Rhea is sold, while also generating a large part of the demand (a lot end up on ebay) each time does bear thinking about.

In this case, there is no reason not to buy one straight up and chuck a listing on ebay for $600 immediately.. listing are free and the worst case is you get to keep the cart. That's what would have happened if it was open to all, and I'm glad it isn't.

I like the website and the videos too.. I don't see what that has to do with it.
My point is, joking or not, I don't think Bob should wait on posting news. The whole point of his videos is to give us news. If news is not new and he waits a few weeks, you know what you have? Not news!

Anyway, enough derail. I made my point, you made yours.

DS, let's get those AES carts out! :P

I definitely think Bob should make a point of not announcing when GDEMU / Rhea / DocBrown sales are on precisely because of how sales were setup. I had to wait 6 months of random BS before I got mine.. I cursed every time it was announced on the news because I knew once again I had no chance.

In this case, it would have been a bit nicer if he'd asked if it was ok before unleashing the hordes. Then he would have got the full story about how it actually wasn't a free-for-all.

So better journalism as a result.. everybody wins

DS, let's get those AES carts out!
Working on it as we speak.

ironsmith-working-safranbolu-turkey-BH6E2B.jpg

I'm getting a JSON error when trying to checkout.

EDIT: Never mind - tried it again in Google Chrome and was able to checkout successfully.

Would like to see what the final cart, sticker, case and case insert look like though. I know that's secondary to the functionality, but still...

Last edited:
Back