What's new

doozer

Unobtanium
Professional
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm slowly trying to finish converting my Outrun Chihiro over to Outrun Lindbergh.

I've managed to get hold of the install DVD DVP-0015A and its corresponding security chip.
I have also upgraded the motor FFB board from the chihiro MIDI one, to the RS422 Lindbergh version.

Now, here's where things get interesting. If I use the multi-boot and go into the game settings, I have the option of changing the cabinet type to "standard", which disables the second steering wheel and everything works.

However, when I install the DVP-0015A Outrun 2 SP SDX, the only options for cabinet type are DX and SDX - both of which expect a dual steering wheel setup.

Anyone know what enables the extra modes in the setup?
Could it be the security chip, or a dip setting?

Appreciate any insight.

Matt.

Very interesting, waiting for an answer. Perhaps different versions of OutRun2 Lindy?

i believe not....afaik the lindy or2sp Version was only released for dx or sdx cabinets. didnt know that sega used this in a normal, not dlx driving cabinet

So does that imply the version in the multi kit was patched?

So using an official outrun install, I've managed to unlock /dev/hdb, which appears to have 5 partitions on it.
/dev/hdb1 contains a single file (su2.dat)
/dev/hdb5 has no files.

hdb2-hdb4 aren't recognized as valid partitions, which makes me think there's yet another layer of encryption.
Anyone got any insight into this before I spend time on it?

Back