What's new

fafangus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there
As you know I'm testing the multi AES
Last week I could get a hand on a unibios 4.0 for testing purpose
On the console where it was installed, it was working like a charm
I taked it over and pulled it on another console, and I can't get nothing at all only a "clac/clac" sound
Where it's strange, it's when I reinsert the original bios, it's like it's broken again the "clac/clac" sound
The bios is pulled on "tulipe" support all the connexion are goods
Do you knows guys, if Razoola did put inside is Unibios 4.0 a system of protection ?
I don't want my aes to be bricked <X

Is it possible you damaged something in the process of swapping the bios over? If the console is no longer working with the original bios it sounds like some damage has been done.

Don't worry there isn't any kind of memory that can be "permanently" written on AES or MVS so your console isn't bricked.

Did you had to pull the OG BIOS and install a socket yourself on the broken AES? If so you might have ripped a trace (so tiny and fragile on AES). If so don't panic, a jumper wire is probably all it needs to be a worker again.

The pics look like a few traces under the socket were already fixed.

Thanks everybody for the support
I'll double check my solders with a friend
What I wanted to depart is - and I was afraid of, that the fact that Raz could have been inserted a brick code in his new unibios - it sound insane, but you know these days... 8o

So now I'm sure this is not the case - not confirmed/or invalidated by Raz (yesterday I'd got a discussion with him, and he take the thing...hum pretty cool :saint: ), I'll test the bios on another console with a working socket :thumbup:

Back