What's new

theMot

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Fired up my cps3 multi bios set up for the first time in a few months. The game loaded was third strike, when it got going it seemed there was a lot of graphics issues and that it was running too fast, game then crashed in attract mode. I thought maybe the game got corrupted somehow so decided to do a rewrite. Bios and menus seem to run normal but when I try to write a new game it is taking a long time to write and the countdown does not sync with the percentage being written? Getting some graphic problems also on the game write screen.

Any ideas guys? Bad mobo? Bad ram? Bad bios cart?

First thing I would do is take everything apart and clean it. Especially the cart, slot and simm connectors. Report back afterwards.

Hi Mits,

I will give it a go over the weekend and report back. So far I did try pulling out the ram/cart and reseating everything but same issue.

ok, took everything apart, gave it all a good clean, same deal. I attached a pic to show how it looks when trying to load a game. Notice the lines running across, also the little dude next to the cps3 logo is twitching back and forth really fast like he is having a fit!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 390
Yeah you have some other issue on your motherboard. Unfortunately I have little board level diagnostic skills so there isn't much I can do. Bare motherboards aren't very expensive though.

Yep, my hunch also is it is something to do with the board. Tbh it has always been a bit rough looking.

Anyone know a place to pick these up? Doesn't seem to be any bare mobo' son eBay at the moment.

One more thing to check. Is your motherboard one of the revisions with the small pcb added with jumper wires?

Back