What's new
Got my case last night. Amazing looking case. Waiting on my scsi2sd to come in to fully assemble it. Got the LED wired up to the molex connector and it works well :)

Got my case last night. Amazing looking case. Waiting on my scsi2sd to come in to fully assemble it. Got the LED wired up to the molex connector and it works well :)
Please share with us your reviews and pictures if it is possible :)

I put mine together today and am loving it!

First I soldered a molex power connector to the other end of the power wires for the LED:

led-molex.jpg

This way nothing has to be soldered onto the CPS3 board while assembling and it can plug right into the motherboard (since the SCSI2SD doesn't need power via molex and can run straight from SCSI cable alone).

Next I moved the mounting board for the SCSI2SD towards the back of the case. This was required to work with my short SCSI cable which I've been using with my previous plexi setup.

scsi2sd-moved_back.jpg

It works fine and mounts perfectly with the older SCSI2SD revision! 8)

All put together:

assembledcps3.jpg

It's fantastic! I really like how it can optionally mount in cabinets too, as that's where this will be spending the majority of its time. :thumbsup:

First I soldered a molex power connector to the other end of the power wires for the LED:

This way nothing has to be soldered onto the CPS3 board while assembling and it can plug right into the motherboard (since the SCSI2SD doesn't need power via molex and can run straight from SCSI cable alone).
Sweet! So you're just plugging the LED into the SCSI2SD molex port? That's brilliant. I'm all for non-destructive means of getting things done.

Sweet! So you're just plugging the LED into the SCSI2SD molex port? That's brilliant. I'm all for non-destructive means of getting things done.
I was worried about it drawing too much power from the SCSI2SD board that way so I plugged the LED into the CPS3 mobo's molex port.

I'm not sure how much the SCSI2SD can draw over just the SCSI ribbon cable, just that it's enough to run the SCSI2SD itself.

I was worried about it drawing too much power from the SCSI2SD board that way so I plugged the LED into the CPS3 mobo's molex port.
I'm not sure how much the SCSI2SD can draw over just the SCSI ribbon cable, just that it's enough to run the SCSI2SD itself.
it is very clever idea. Thank for the photos ;)

No problem! I'm glad the measurements worked out perfectly for the older SCSI2SD rev. :thumbsup:

These like outstanding! Will you be making these available in the future after the first batch sells? I dont have a CPS3 yet. Though oddly enough i do have the scsi2sd.

These like outstanding! Will you be making these available in the future after the first batch sells? I dont have a CPS3 yet. Though oddly enough i do have the scsi2sd.
I Can produce it again if i collect enough pre-order. At least 10-20pc

Just got a blue one. Are you also https://www.beharbros.com/ ?
Thanks for your order.
No I am not. But he is my friend and my website connected to his PayPal account. Turkey has banned the PayPal and he has a company in Hong Kong .
But I will share one project which we made it together ;) You will see it soon

Cool. I noticed that’s who I paid, thanks for explaining it! Can’t wait to replace my acrylic case with this one, great stuff.

Back