What's new
I seriously can not wait because I was going to build my own out of wood but this would save me so much time. Right now both my 2 slot and 1 slot are just exposed.

Anyway you could cut the MVS logo out in the middle like you did with the CPS? Either way the moment you make them available I'm ready..hell I'd pre-order if you let me. I want that #1 Serial Number just because..

Finally got mine installed. I still need to hook up the LED lighting, which I'll do later when I can get a moment away from the holiday family stuff.

But here's how the red looks with my Third Strike cart. Ironman red ftw! :thumbsup:

EZ5txMY.jpg

Finally got mine installed. I still need to hook up the LED lighting, which I'll do later when I can get a moment away from the holiday family stuff.

But here's how the red looks with my Third Strike cart. Ironman red ftw! :thumbsup:

EZ5txMY.jpg
Enjoy with it.
Ironman Red is really awesome.
I hope cps2 will be great like this :P .

I put mine together today and am loving it!

First I soldered a molex power connector to the other end of the power wires for the LED:

led-molex.jpg

This way nothing has to be soldered onto the CPS3 board while assembling and it can plug right into the motherboard (since the SCSI2SD doesn't need power via molex and can run straight from SCSI cable alone).

Next I moved the mounting board for the SCSI2SD towards the back of the case. This was required to work with my short SCSI cable which I've been using with my previous plexi setup.

scsi2sd-moved_back.jpg

It works fine and mounts perfectly with the older SCSI2SD revision! 8)

All put together:

assembledcps3.jpg

It's fantastic! I really like how it can optionally mount in cabinets too, as that's where this will be spending the majority of its time. :thumbsup:
Thank you for posting these, as I too have a 5.0 SCSI2SD and a short cable so knowing this was possible makes me happy. I gotta say the clearance (or lack thereof) between the caps on the SCSI2SD and the solder on the SIMM slots makes me a little nervous though.

Haven't quite fit together my Capcom cabinet yet - do you need to remove the feet to use the mounting rails?

No problemo, yeah there isn't much clearance between the top of the capacitors on the SCSI2SD and the CPS3 motherboard but in my case it didn't seem to touch the legs/solder on any components (though just barely).

What feet are you referring to? The mounting rails attach to the side of the metal case then those get screwed down to your wooden PCB board in your cab.

No problemo, yeah there isn't much clearance between the top of the capacitors on the SCSI2SD and the CPS3 motherboard but in my case it didn't seem to touch the legs/solder on any components (though just barely).

What feet are you referring to? The mounting rails attach to the side of the metal case then those get screwed down to your wooden PCB board in your cab.
Ditto on the (just barely) not touching, so we should be good.

I'm referring to the feet on the bottom of the case, it almost seems like the rails wouldn't go down far enough, if that makes sense? And it's going in a Big Blue, so no boards for me, straight attached to the side of the cabinet :) Not that that makes any difference really...

Ditto on the (just barely) not touching, so we should be good.
I'm referring to the feet on the bottom of the case, it almost seems like the rails wouldn't go down far enough, if that makes sense? And it's going in a Big Blue, so no boards for me, straight attached to the side of the cabinet :) Not that that makes any difference really...
You don’t need to remove the rubber feet. It screws down just fine, but it’s not flush with the wood if that matters. Check it

H8RwOLo.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/PIKfdYZ

Fantastic, that's all I was looking to see before I went poking around inside my big blue myself. Thanks a bunch!

@hursit have the metal cases sent out for any australia buyers yet? I am still waiting for mine to arrive
Can you please share with me your payment mail , name,address and tracking number.

I send all tracking number to everyone. But I ididnt send to you from this forum. Did you buy from website directly ?

Thanks hursit, these are are real sturdy and nicely made. :thumbup:
Hopefully there will be no future occurrences of me almost breaking the board or necking the cart :D
IMG_7461.jpg

Finally got my case together, pretty nice. Only problem is I think my mounting holes were slightly off. The fifth mounting hole by one of the chips for example where the pcb screws in can't be screwed in. The four corners were slightly off too but I managed. Is it meant to be like that?

I still don't see how you can have a default SCSI cable all in there (15-18 inches). I folded mine quite a bit and even under the SCSI2SD mounting plate and I don't see how. Any tips on how?

Also be careful screwing in the mounting holes for the cps3 motherboard. The standoffs are small enough that if you apply enough torque it can get stuck in the hole. Two of mine on the left side did that andI barely tightened it. Easy way to fix that would be to make thicker mounts

gZRF03Wm.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my case together, pretty nice. Only problem is I think my mounting holes were slightly off. The fifth mounting hole by one of the chips for example where the pcb screws in can't be screwed in. The four corners were slightly off too but I managed. Is it meant to be like that?

I still don't see how you can have a default SCSI cable all in there (15-18 inches). I folded mine quite a bit and even under the SCSI2SD mounting plate and I don't see how. Any tips on how?

Also be careful screwing in the mounting holes for the cps3 motherboard. The standoffs are small enough that if you apply enough torque it can get stuck in the hole. Two of mine on the left side did that andI barely tightened it. Easy way to fix that would be to make thicker mounts

gZRF03Wm.jpg
Hello,
I checked it again. I couldn't see any problem but I realize some of the standoff can become to bend one side. I think it is about of the weather. Sorry about that if it gives you big trouble :(
You have to tight SCSI cable very much. I know there is not big enough space, but I tried with long and short cable. It must be ok.

Get yourself a shortie cable, homie. I barely have to fold mine up to make it disappear entirely inside the case (though it's short enough that I had to move the mounting plate a bit)

I managed to make the long cable fit inside the case. I slid and folded it more underneath that white plastic heatsink.

I was also mindful of the factory fix wires underneath the board. You wouldn't want to rip those if you cramp the SCSI cable the wrong way.

So this is amazing and will be purchasing one of these since one of my screws broke on my darksoft fiberglass and I couldn’t find a replacement screw without spending an arm and a leg. And this will be going in my cabinet as the darksoft version cannot. But I am waiting so see what’s going to be happening with the cps2 casing??? Will be standing by and this will help me decide whether I need repaint and mod my own or buy this.

Back