What's new
looks great, now get that cleaned up and powdercoated and tell me where to send $$ :D

What are the clearances inside the case? Some people might want to use a 90 deg pci riser like in this thread

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/compact-cps3.4257/post-60659

So a cover to the cartridge slot would be nice.

Are you making a mounting location for the different versions of the scsi2sd cards?

Looking forward to the Dreamcast case also.
Hey
When I finish the first 2 sample, I will open a pre-order for it. :)

There is a small Metal parts over under the pcb, and you will put your SCSI2SD pcb. The metal will support two different version of PCB. But first I have to find out the measurements.
Cartridge cover will include also ;)

Please check the picture and you can see the place for SCSI2SD.

bXTCVhY.jpg

OOoCBkR.jpg

wIlAJK7.jpg

Very nice!

Will the scsi2sd mount forward enough to access the sd card and usb connector via the front of the case?

So basically its under the jamma edge connector?

Is the jamma edge opening big enough as it is to accommodate this?

This is going to be a very nice case indeed, cant wait to get 1 or 2 :thumbsup:

Indeed. Are you able to give a rough price on what they might cost (particularly the CPS3) ?

Just pm'ed you back with measurements for the older SCSI2SD v5.0 as best as I could take them. :thumbup:

I have one of the original metal cases for the cps3, but this one looks so much cleaner. And support for scsi2sd?? Count me in for this.

Very nice!

Will the scsi2sd mount forward enough to access the sd card and usb connector via the front of the case?

So basically its under the jamma edge connector?

Is the jamma edge opening big enough as it is to accommodate this?

This is going to be a very nice case indeed, cant wait to get 1 or 2 :thumbsup:
Yeah there is enough space to access the SD card .
Indeed. Are you able to give a rough price on what they might cost (particularly the CPS3) ?
I will inform about it when I finish the product.
Just pm'ed you back with measurements for the older SCSI2SD v5.0 as best as I could take them. :thumbup:
Thanks for your info, I just replied your PM ;)
@hursit I have one of the new ones on the way, so I can send you measurement when I get it.
It is great. Im waiting please.
I have one of the original metal cases for the cps3, but this one looks so much cleaner. And support for scsi2sd?? Count me in for this.
Yes it supports SCSI2SD

FYI, i was having an issue with the scsi2sd v5.1 board (green board) with my blast city machines. It worked with the cps3 with every other machine I tried except 5 different blast cities all didn't work. The older red boards work fine with all the cabs I tested.

FYI, i was having an issue with the scsi2sd v5.1 board (green board) with my blast city machines. It worked with the cps3 with every other machine I tried except 5 different blast cities all didn't work. The older red boards work fine with all the cabs I tested.
Probably a voltage issue?!

I think you should ask about it in the topic. There are too many people have that PCB

replacing scsi cd-rom drive with scsi sd card adapter?

One thing if you can add. The OG metal case has a retaining bracket for the cartridge. It is slotted on one side, then screwed down on the other side. If you can add that feature, that would be wonderful.
if I could make an alternative suggestion...
personally I find that bracket to be rather ugly myself, but if the slot in the metal was to be cut smaller and then some simple U-channel plastic bits were placed over the sharp edges of the metal opening, it would keep the cart from wobbling and retain the clean look without a bracket.

CPS-3 Metal Case:
There is too much job to do but I hope it will be ready next week.
What do you use for equipment to cut and bend the metal? I'm interested in doing some metal cutting and bending myself and I'd be interested to know how you do it.

One thing if you can add. The OG metal case has a retaining bracket for the cartridge. It is slotted on one side, then screwed down on the other side. If you can add that feature, that would be wonderful.
if I could make an alternative suggestion...personally I find that bracket to be rather ugly myself, but if the slot in the metal was to be cut smaller and then some simple U-channel plastic bits were placed over the sharp edges of the metal opening, it would keep the cart from wobbling and retain the clean look without a bracket.

CPS-3 Metal Case:
There is too much job to do but I hope it will be ready next week.
What do you use for equipment to cut and bend the metal? I'm interested in doing some metal cutting and bending myself and I'd be interested to know how you do it.
Plastic is really mess. Have to find some pieces of plastic which fit into that hole. It looks like impossible :). Or 3D print method which I don't like it :D

Lazer CNC for cutting and Big Professional Bending Machine. Im lucky because I have a friend who has those machines :)

Hi hursit ! very nice work !

I was thinking about something, if you can full metal cases you can achieve passive cooling design

I will be using a GDEMU or USB-GDROM
A DreamPSU

So these 2 should lower temps.

What exactly needs to be cooled down on the DC?

Hursits design looks like it can accomodate a larger/quieter fan, I would go with a gelid or noctua fan instead of the stock fan.

Last edited:
yes my point is if the initial cooling system has flaws is to improve it instead of replicating it... there are 2 main chips on the DC that get really hot, in the initial design they are connected to the first metal case, then there is the psu, so they designed airflow system that gets out the hot air captured in the case... I think if you changed to dreampsu you would only need to evacuate the 2 chips hot air and the gdemu ou usbgdrom heat out, and yes a quieter fan would do the job, and the best location is not on the side, but on the top because hot air tends to go upper, I don't even think a fan would be needed if air can get outside through vents... it's still a bit of work and experimenting, replicating the initial system is more straightforward, but I guess it can be improved

Hey Guys
There is too many holes in the Metal floor which you can't see it. Sorry I forget to take a picture. I will update it.
All of the metal parts of the original Dreamcast will be ready in the Custom Case. I don't think there will be hot problem. I design it for the original DC fan and Noctua FAN.

@Derick2k I designed it for the PICO ATX power because DreamPSU didn't ship my PSU till 5 months maybe. I think the project cancelled or something happened. I will build a easy-plug harness for the PICO power which people can set it up easily.

I will sent some test items to someone to test it.I will test it too.
I hope everything goes well. If not I will find a way to make it work ;)

Wish I've seen this earlier. Just received my CPS3 plexi glass from Jasen Customs (great product) but I would rather have that metal case. Anyways, great job! Loving the cases.

Back