What's new
That product is very relevant to my interests.... Pricey (though yes I know why)

I need to replace my GD-ROM drive first I think :P

Love his work. Waiting to see if he will make a 3DO rgb or hdmi solution

Last edited:
Wish I've seen this earlier. Just received my CPS3 plexi glass from Jasen Customs (great product) but I would rather have that metal case. Anyways, great job! Loving the cases.
That is a great product ;)
@hursit

Hey Dan is working on a HDMI solution for the Dreamcast that should be released really soon.

https://shop.dansprojects.com/dchdmi.html

I think essentially the hdmi port location will be above the digital port on the dreamcast. Any way you can accommodate your design for this?
Yes actually I want it, but I have to have one of them to designed it in the shell. If someone have the measurements of that port I can make it something.

I have finished the corners today. It was very hard part. I made some molds to press it.
Please check the pictures. Tonight i will finish the paint and will release the CASE with the price ;)

G8sQMtW.png

hh4IyPN.png

a4mt1Fc.png

VGoRVZo.png

Wish I've seen this earlier. Just received my CPS3 plexi glass from Jasen Customs (great product) but I would rather have that metal case. Anyways, great job! Loving the cases.
That is a great product ;)
@hursit

Hey Dan is working on a HDMI solution for the Dreamcast that should be released really soon.

https://shop.dansprojects.com/dchdmi.html

I think essentially the hdmi port location will be above the digital port on the dreamcast. Any way you can accommodate your design for this?
Yes actually I want it, but I have to have one of them to designed it in the shell. If someone have the measurements of that port I can make it something.
sir,maybe @citrus3000psi will read this and he can give you the measurements of that port .

Sure, the HDMI on the dreamcast actually sits below the motherboard.

The connector is mini HDMI. This is what the placement looks like:

YxUd6tK.jpg

uoBWrrL.jpg

You can keep the bottom metal shield in, as we have vinyl stickers to go on the bottom of the PCB so there is no risk of shorts. I pulled the metal bottom out of this case so the mod would show.

The final design does have different screw mounts though. So screws shown here are not the final placement.

YxUd6tK.jpg

uoBWrrL.jpg

You can keep the bottom metal shield in, as we have vinyl stickers to go on the bottom of the PCB so there is no risk of shorts. I pulled the metal bottom out of this case so the mod would show.

The final design does have different screw mounts though. So screws shown here are not the final placement.
Thanks for you info. But i will need detailed info about of the Screw mounts. I think we will see that when you release it :)
Thank you ....

By the way do you guys prefer to put consoles horizontally or vertically ?

All my modern things are vertically aligned it tends to eat less space.

I was wondering now that we can think these rigs differently if it's not better to design them for both positions. I guess the Dreamcast would benefit from having the fan upside but I don't know how cool it would look like on vertical position. Could be something to imagine.

Last edited:

My man, that looks soo good! I can't wait.

One question though, why this push for mini HDMI? I mean you have to cut the console anyway, why not go with the standard cable everybody already uses?

That CPS3 metal case looks sweet! I'm very into this project and would be interested in possibly getting one.

That CPS3 metal case looks sweet! I'm very into this project and would be interested in possibly getting one.
Get one!!! :) That thing looks awesome. Im getting 2 for sure and will be selling my original capcom cages.
Does that mean you're no longer selling your cps3 motherboard?
I have motherboards, simms, security carts to spare, just need to get them from my storage units.

IMG_1047.jpg
Imagine having to go through 2 storage units like these that are basically full, this is a shot of one that was about half full.
My dumbass forgot to label the contents of the bins, so imagine having to go through each bin, flip through all the vertically stacked pcbs inside which are individually wrap in anti static bubble wrap, most are not labeled, so I gotta unwrap them to see what they are.
So yeah loads of fun X/
But, I am making progress, I tackle 1 or 2 bins when I can, and go through it and label the contents.
I found a couple of CPS3 Motherboards, need to find a few more and the bins that have the extra simms and DS repro carts.
Ill get to them soon enough.

Now with these new case Hursit is making I might be buying some extras and selling off full CPS3 multi kits ready to go.

Get one!!! :) That thing looks awesome. Im getting 2 for sure and will be selling my original capcom cages.
Does that mean you're no longer selling your cps3 motherboard?
I have motherboards, simms, security carts to spare, just need to get them from my storage units.
IMG_1047.jpg
Imagine having to go through 2 storage units like these that are basically full, this is a shot of one that was about half full.
My dumbass forgot to label the contents of the bins, so imagine having to go through each bin, flip through all the vertically stacked pcbs inside which are individually wrap in anti static bubble wrap, most are not labeled, so I gotta unwrap them to see what they are.
So yeah loads of fun X/
But, I am making progress, I tackle 1 or 2 bins when I can, and go through it and label the contents.
I found a couple of CPS3 Motherboards, need to find a few more and the bins that have the extra simms and DS repro carts.
Ill get to them soon enough.

Now with these new case Hursit is making I might be buying some extras and selling off full CPS3 multi kits ready to go.
That's a lot of work! Good luck with that! :D

Getting back on topic, these cases look stunning and Hursit is great at listening to feedback. Cant wait to get these in hand :thumbsup:

Hello people,
The project is finish. I open a preorder. The price is limited time only for the pre-order. After first 20 Unit it will be higher sorry :(.

Price : 125 USD + Shipping + Paypal FEE ( PLEASE ASK SHIPPING COST )
I will put on my website that you can buy it directly.

I can understand if the price is high to you, but please think about this; all of the parts are metal and there is too much work by hand, molding and polishing. Especially for the corner, i build some molds and take my time very much.

I will collect the pre-order then i will produce it. I choose this method because i don't wanna waste my time. I have to make time for the other projects. All of the cases will be ready in 2 Weeks, after reach to 20 Unit.

What include :
- Metal CPS3 Case
- Supports for SCSI2SD PCB ( 2 different PCB )
- Antislip feets.
- Metal parts which can be use to attach on the wood inside the cabinets
- Metallic Car Paint for all metal parts
- BLACK Screws to attach PCB's on the metal floor ( sorry it is not in the picture, but it will be when you get the item)
- You can use your CD-DRIVE outside the CASE

OPTIONAL:
Im not giving my word for these, i will try my best. Please just think about those will be gift if i can make it. These are not CERTAIN.
You dont have to pay extra for these features IF I CAN MAKE IT
- Plexiglass under the CPS-3 Logo
-LED's under the Plexi
- Special Metallic buttons for the TEST Switch and SOUND port.

Please check the pictures and share with me your feedbacks. I can make some differences if we decide to change something together ;)

WKPbyP1.jpg

G7FAKGA.jpg

DIpIZga.png

srzUsB0.jpg

nghvvda.jpg

2d6Zx2P.jpg

Last edited:
Back