What's new
Please check the pictures and share with me your feedbacks. I can make some differences if we decide to change something together
I don't see if there is anything under the cartridge area that would reinforce the PCB as the cart is being pulled or pushed into the socket. Do you have a standoff that reinforces the socket seat?

Fantastic, I would love a DC metal enclosure.

Price : 125 USD + Shipping + Paypal FEE ( PLEASE ASK SHIPPING COST )

I can understand if the price is high to you,
I'm actually shocked your price is that low for a full metal case with that much labor.

anyone who complains about the cost need to see how much it would cost them to make one themselves.

Price : 125 USD + Shipping + Paypal FEE ( PLEASE ASK SHIPPING COST )

I can understand if the price is high to you,
I'm actually shocked your price is that low for a full metal case with that much labor.
anyone who complains about the cost need to see how much it would cost them to make one themselves.
@hursit Please hold 2 cps3 cases for me, I PM'ed you about it :thumbup:

The price is really good, I expected it to be higher to be honest.
Im still debating whether I want it painted or have him send it bare and just powdercoat it myself??

Sure, the HDMI on the dreamcast actually sits below the motherboard.

The connector is mini HDMI. This is what the placement looks like:

You can keep the bottom metal shield in, as we have vinyl stickers to go on the bottom of the PCB so there is no risk of shorts. I pulled the metal bottom out of this case so the mod would show.
The final design does have different screw mounts though. So screws shown here are not the final placement.
My man, that looks soo good! I can't wait.
One question though, why this push for mini HDMI? I mean you have to cut the console anyway, why not go with the standard cable everybody already uses?
With a factory GD-ROM drive in there is zero room to install the board in the top. So the only option is below the motherboard. The mini HDMI barely fits below. Has about 1-2mm clearance. People don't really realize how tight these installs need to be. If we didn't have to contend with the GDROM and everybody had a GDEMU. Than sure fullsize HDMI wouldn't be a problem.

Please check the pictures and share with me your feedbacks. I can make some differences if we decide to change something together
I don't see if there is anything under the cartridge area that would reinforce the PCB as the cart is being pulled or pushed into the socket. Do you have a standoff that reinforces the socket seat?
The pcb itself doesnt have any holes in that area for mounting or supports.

You could modify some of these types of pcb mounts to add extra support on the top/bottom of the case:

F0609297-01.jpg

or they sell foamed polyethylene that you can cut to fit the space you need to add support where you need it.

foamplank-img1-264x300.jpg

@Derick2k Don't worry about it. I will hold 2pc for you.

@acblunden2 there is no screw space in that area. But you can put some Foam parts under the PCB if you want. I think it doesn't necessary. You can check @Derick2k 's suggestions.

@twistedsymphony Thank you. Im trying to give my best. I know it is business but Im arcade lover ;)

@Derick2k The powder coat is not perfect paint method. There will be too many problems on the surface when you make powder coat. But with the car paint there are 3 layer before the paint. Thats because it looks perfect. But if you want I can send it without paint :)

wow! they both look amazing.. looking to snag the DC one if I can. it's easy to see that a lot of time/effort/care has been put into these designs!

Somebody ask to me about the color options.
Actually I can make it different color but it has to be at least 5pc for each color.

1- Blue is default
2- Orange ? ( @opt2not not ask me about it because it is match with 3RD Strike Cartridge. It sounds good )
3- Yellow maybe ?
4- Silver ?
5- Red ?

Looks great! If only I had a CPS3 then I would buy this for sure.

Back