What's new
A new Batch is under production now...
They will ready in 1 week for shipping....

Can you make a replacement Naomi case that holds the motherboard, NetDIMM and Raspberry Pi (with LCD hat)?

I hate Segas plastic shell, and the official HotD2 metal case won't also fit the NetDIMM.

Can you make a replacement Naomi case that holds the motherboard, NetDIMM and Raspberry Pi (with LCD hat)?

I hate Segas plastic shell, and the official HotD2 metal case won't also fit the NetDIMM.
Yeah, i have plan to make it.
But the problem is Naomi has too many Setup options.

Mainboard + Netdimm + Raspberri Pi + LCD Screen
Mainboard + Netdimm + Raspberri Pi + SmartPhone Connection
Mainboard + Dimm Board + Card Reader

I couldnt decide which option is the best one which people choose it generally.
Metal Cases projects is really takes much time to create it. The "R&D" process takes time and much more money.
If i start a project, i have to sell it enough to save the R&D cost. ( Research and Development )
For example; i can say to you, i dont get extra profit for CPS2 case. It is ok because im not doing these for money ;) . Of course it has to be profit but im an arcade lover and i will continue to produce it.

So we have to find out best option for the Naomi. I will produce it anyway ;)

Very true what you saying. I think the best option would be Mainboard + Netdimm + Raspberri Pi + LCD Screen :whistling: . Count me in if you do make one :D

Mainboard + Netdimm + Raspberri Pi + LCD Screen
Its the only self contained solution at this point.
But the problem is Naomi has too many Setup options.
CF setups require changing CF cards.Cell phones require networking.

Once PiForce is setup you can close the lid PERIOD (that is the goal, not constant tinkering with external BS).
Yeah i think you right about it ;)
Don't forget to support as well the future Darksoft Naomi Multi Flash Cart :D
Im waiting that cart but im not sure @Darksoft will make it :P

of course he wont, Brizzo is making it.

I wouldn't wait for that though. chances are it will be smaller than a DIMM board so whatever you make for Net DIMM would likely also work for any theoretical future multi cart.

One question does exist an emplacement for the sd card reader (darksoft cps3), something like this:

Got to love the SCSI2SD adapter. As i have some downtime while i await measurements for the cab, I did some little modifications to my CPS3 system. The paint has fully dried but still needs a few weeks to cure. I was able to assemble the setup as the PCB doesn't touch any of the metal, but I'm not going to fire it up until the paint is fully cured and no longer emitting the slightest of odors. I reproduced the cage labels in Photoshop and printed them out with my color laser printer that I just got. I also printed out both stickers for the cart itself. I think this looks great and is much more impressive looking than the bare metal cage.

One thing i am considering is pulling off all the paint, spot welding some threaded bolt shafts to where the SCSI2SD adapter attaches so that the screws don't poke through the bottom, then getting everything power-coated so that the finish is super durable. Right now, i have the SCSI2SD bolts cut so short that they barely poke through the bottom. I then have some foam that i put over the top to hide the metal. I don't believe that the SIMMs are touching that, but I want to be super sure. I won't be able to fire this up for another few weeks while the paint cures.

IMG_1084_zpsbgfnnugd.jpg

IMG_1083_zpsqnajgi1g.jpg

Any chance of a green metal case in the shade of the CPS2 Japanese green case anytime soon?

Also I notice these are listed as a "pre-order" on the website. If I was to order one in the next couple weeks, when would it ship out?

Last edited:
Any chance of a green metal case in the shade of the CPS2 Japanese green case anytime soon?

Also I notice these are listed as a "pre-order" on the website. If I was to order one in the next couple weeks, when would it ship out?
Hello

"Any chance of a green metal case in the shade of the CPS2 Japanese green case anytime soon?"
I really do not understand what do you mean :) sorry

We ship it in 10 days by DHL Express..

Hello
"Any chance of a green metal case in the shade of the CPS2 Japanese green case anytime soon?"

I mean a similar color of green to the CPS2 case in this photo :)

Attachments

• cps2b_vampire_savior_01.gif
    cps2b_vampire_savior_01.gif
    41.7 KB · Views: 251

Hello"Any chance of a green metal case in the shade of the CPS2 Japanese green case anytime soon?"

I will have to look RAL catalogue.

If you find the color RAL code, please inform me ;)

Hello"Any chance of a green metal case in the shade of the CPS2 Japanese green case anytime soon?"I really do not understand what do you mean :) sorry

I will have to look RAL catalogue.
If you find the color RAL code, please inform me ;)
RAL6038 - Luminous Green ?

@xodaraP Thanks for the code, but i have to find Metallic colour code. This is the regular one. I Will go to paint shop for it :thumbsup:

Looking at that list of colors the ones that may be the most similar are:
RAL6037 - Pure Green (is a little too dark)
RAL6038 - Luminous Green (the green is a little bit too intense, I think green CPS2 boards are slightly more pale)

Between the two I'd probably say Luminous Green is the one to go with, however I am not an expert with paint so I'm not sure how it would look once applied.

@hursit Before going any further I'd like to ask, since green paint is non-standard would it increase the price?

Back