What's new

Coyo5050

Professional
Reaction score
Pulled my Taito G-Net board out to tryout some games but doesnt seem to turn on or at least nothing happens when I turn on my super gun. Tried with and without CF inserted to see if I can even get an error message but nothing. Worked fine before, came directly from Darksoft with modbios.

Any ideas what I should look at first? Before I mess with the power, is this board power hungry or sensitive to too much power?

Pulled my Taito G-Net board out to tryout some games but doesnt seem to turn on or at least nothing happens when I turn on my super gun. Tried with and without CF inserted to see if I can even get an error message but nothing. Worked fine before, came directly from Darksoft with modbios.

Any ideas what I should look at first? Before I mess with the power, is this board power hungry or sensitive to too much power?
Works usually fine with 5v for me. Never tried it with much lower.
Other boards still work on your supergun?

I'm such a dummy. After testing with a multimeter the 5v was dropping a whopping 0.40 and getting 4.75 at the board instead of 5.15 per the volt display. Realized JAMMA harness wasnt grounded properly which brought it up to 5.05 at the board and now it works!

Simple things first, need to stop over complicating things!

BTW. The wires are a pretty good gauge and about 18 inch long, is a drop of .10 to be expected?

Always some loss to be expected. I install a voltmeter right on my jamma edge for this reason.

Glad you found it! ^^

Which supergun do you have?

G-Net PCB's are fragile - I have one that died at 5.2V and now just loops the logo and the bars before you get the loading page - I tend to run mine and advise anyone who has bought one from me to run at 4.85 - 5.05V at the edge connector.

Back