What's new

richdog

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I want to buy an arcade PC and have an authentic shell or a clone type PC. I have a namco noir cab. Was thinking about using a Taito Type X3 then replacing the motherboard with a OEM branded one and using this for JVS? - This might be strange but the chassis are built for cabinet use and I like the idea of it. The Taito type X2 is a bit to old probably for emulation titles.

My questions are will my clone X3 hardware based work with Taito Type X2 games over my newer style JVS? Are we able to connect the JVS in the cabinet and map to Windows Joystick type device for mame use? Is that what com2jvs is for ? Sorry if my questions seam dumb

The other method is wiring them to ps3 then plugging them into windows like that.

Cheers,
Rich

So basically you want to connect a windows pc to a JVS cabinet?

Yeah but re-use taito gear e.g. JVS Fast I/O if possible
JVS or Fast IO?
2 different things

If you want to run a ‘normal’ PC in your JVS cab like a Noir, you can get a JVSPAC made by @invzim to adapt your JVS controls to the PC’s USB :)

If purely for PC games and emulation. I would look at setting up fast io instead of jvs. You can keep original wiring while having the easiest method to work with for the tasks you want.

I have made a fast io kb emulator which is post here somewhere. There is also a fast io to jvs floating around for ttx games.

Programmatically fast io is very easy to interface with.

Back