What's new
Okay so I might've managed to make the 1 player side not make rapid inputs and make the buttons register by following the same wiring aoiddr made. I put the 10k ohm resistors on my VCC and AD wires.
However my problem right now is the inputs are really sensitive. For example I push the button once, it sometimes registers 1-3 hits and I'm not sure how to fix it.

@dash3296 try adding a tiny cap (like .1 uf) between the 5v and signal lines - that should provide some simple debouncing and might resolve it
I actually did it differently. By trial and error I replaced the 10k with different a lower resistance and 47 ohm resistors works fine for me.

Hi again, I like some help with another Taiko controller project.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a Yahoo Auction post of someone selling a Taiko 11 arcade set which includes the Namco 256, Power supply, Sega I/O board, and a modified Wii Tatacon that can be plugged to the analogue port
i-img749x749-1559573086hwtacl38003.jpg
I notice there are test pads on the board itself but I don't know how it's supposed to be wired
9898458236_f34a20ad17_k.jpg
I found a schematic of the Wii drum board that is hand drawn by someone in a blog modifying it for something else. The person even labeled the inputs on the U74HC14L chip
9915890176_3a44a5df90_k.jpg
I like some help on how it's done?

@rewrite @'aoiddr'
Someone at Yahoo auction is selling Taiko Hardware parts including the SIF board

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h491549875

I asked you guys because I heard you’ve been searching for these for a long time. I don’t know anyone who has experience in recreating the SIF board.

I hope someone can make it Taiko Force compatible.

Last edited:
I should've uploaded this from the start, but these are the control boxes the 8 pin from the drum connects to for each console.

IMG_0053.jpg

PS4 box connects to the consoles USB port
IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg

Nintendo Switch Box connects to the consoles USB port
IMG_0056.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg

Wii/PC Box
For PC, when you plug the usb to the PC it detects as a keyboard
For Wii, the wii remote connects to the 12 pin port and the usb connect to 5v power.

IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg
IMG_0060.jpg

@rewrite @'aoiddr'

UPDATE!!!

Thanks to someone on twitter, I have the pin out for connecting buttons to Taiko

He used a 3 prong microswitch to make it work

The I/O board I use is a SEGA Jamma to JVS I/O board revision B and it works fine

Here are the attachments I got

I hope this helps :)

Attachments

• d_WNtJbr.jpg
    d_WNtJbr.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 299
  • DB1QoFAS.jpg
    DB1QoFAS.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 304
  • esibpWFF.jpg
    esibpWFF.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I ran across a video where they show their home Taiko arcade setup. The person also showed how they wired their Wii Tatakon to a Sega JVS to Jamma I/O board.
What I'm wondering is if I would need resistors for the VCC line, since a Wii Tatakon operates at 3.3V while the JVS has 5V?

Edit: They privated the video, but I managed to replicate what they did and it works.

They solder the drums input wires directly to the U74HC14L chip then to the analog port. Then they soldered the 3.3V and Gnd where the Wii nunchuk port used to be and connect it directly to the analog port.

In the taiko test mode, it shows 1012 for how sensetive the drum is for all inputs. Is there a way to make the input less sensetive?

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
@dash3296

Sorry for bad English

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyain9ofRLQ&t=684s&ab_channel=TaikoZhong

I'm now controlling the 26-pin taiko signals using arduino,
my taiko controller connects to an e-box which outputs DFJK to my PC, and my Visual Basic program received DFJK, use SerialPort to communicate with Arduino,
then Arduino just simply do digitialWrite(pin, high) and low.

I think it's possible for an arduino read sensors Tatacon's using, then you won't have to worry about tatacon ic or something,
i'm not quite sure how will the sensors work, it should be just low and high voltage, and make sure you have right mapping since I don't know what will happen if mapping's wrong.

DC Invitation (to check my program in message below):
https://discord.gg/HFm37aA5zr
Program pinned in Discord message:
https://discord.com/channels/859872100860035113/859878630422609972/919327614722789436

PS: To your last message about 1012, since on AC, sensors io will output from 0v to 0.5v to jvs io, 1000 = 5v, 100 = 0.5v, 20 = 0.1v
but it's pointless since there's no sensitivity about tatacon right?

and if anyone's interested talking with me, here's my DC
乾一盅#3417

Excuse me for commenting.
I'm also interested in the arcade game ``Taiko no Tatsujin.'' I already have System 256 and Taiko no Tatsujin 7, and have completed the power wiring. Just connect your controller and start playing. In #30, we watched a video of someone actually playing with the Wii Taiko controller. I was also able to see the wiring diagram for the connection. Is this connected directly from the U74HC14L chip to the 26 pin connector? Also, do I need to connect a new resistor between these lines?I would like you to lend me your strength for my project.I'm sorry for my bad English. thank you.

Back