Taiko no Tatsujin setup help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Taiko no Tatsujin setup help

I need help buying the right I/O board that can make it run since I have the Taiko 10 DVD and dongle? Also, I have the Taiko Force Lv5 drum (Replica arcade size drum made for consoles) that I bought from Taobao, I'm wondering if it's straight forward to wire it to the board?

PS: I'm not really skilled in electronics

Taiko Force Lv5

Back

Shock sensors circled (There are two more on the face but I cannot get a good angle)

The connector from the shock sensors

Pin out from the creator of the drum
    • You need both the SIF PCB and the IO. Both are NLA through Namco, and I've checked with just about every major arcade distributor and retailer in the English speaking world as well as all the big players in Japan. They're simply not available to purchase.

I haven't seen one to purchase on YAJ outside of a cab in about three years now. Not since I bought my two NOS drums and couldn't afford to snag the PCBs as well. I've had search alerts on ebay for not only Taiko but the exact PCB model numbers just as long, with zero hits.

Your options are pretty much either buy a whole cab for them, or luck into someone parting one out for whatever reason. Or build your own. A few people have gone that route and found success but refuse to share their information.

I know that isn't helpful really, but it's the reality of the Taiko situation as it stands.

If by the grace of God you find a source for either of these parts, let me know too. I've been searching way too long.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by rewrite ().

• Woah I didn't know you could buy such a drum for home/diy setups....

The past few weeks we have been studying the I/O requirements for other SYS2X6 games and how to patch certain games to work with common i/o boards, but now Taiko series is even more on my radar as there is a solution for the drum :D
    • I attempted to wire up a PlayStation 2 Taiko drum to a Sega I/O a while back (and buttons before that), but hit a brick wall with the build. Here are some forum links for what I came up with, if anyone finds this helpful. I'm definitely hoping someone can figure out a solution to get these games to work one day.

The i/o pinout that I was able to figure out:
      Help buying the right 256 stuff

Some wiring diagram links can be found here:
      S-JIHP: Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB