What's new

CoinFeeder

Professional
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I wanted to sample some bg music from a Golden Axe (System 16B) board yesterday and realized that the individual voices/tracks are going out of sync after some iterations. (just skip to the middle of the mp3)

I wonder if anyone would have an idea on what could cause this? I don't think every board has this "inaccuracy"?

- CF

Attachments

• goldenaxe.mp3.zip
    858.5 KB · Views: 237
My boardset behaves in exactly the same way. Guess it's a quirk of the Z80 sound driver/sequencer. That particular song wasn't intended to loop anyway.

My boardset behaves in exactly the same way. Guess it's a quirk of the Z80 sound driver/sequencer. That particular song wasn't intended to loop anyway.
Yep, it's these slight nuances and "errors" that give analog samplers/drum machines like the Akai S950, MPC60 and MPC3000 their character and swing. Lovely stuff.

Yep, it's these slight nuances and "errors" that give analog samplers/drum machines like the Akai S950, MPC60 and MPC3000 their character and swing. Lovely stuff.
tumblr_nhu56gC4QQ1qdmp9jo1_r1_1280.jpg

Sad day when D&D shut down. I know Primo re-opened it as HeadQuarterz but I can’t name one classic from that studio compared to the countless made at D&D.

Back