What's new

UltraSean

Student
Reaction score
I'm thinking of hooking my cabs up to my Home theatre system in my man cave. So far the CPS2 RCA to HT input works fine, but I'm curious about splitting the CPS1 Jamma sound wires. One set goes to the cab speakers as per normal, and the split would be wired into another RCA cable which would plug into the receiver which in turn is running the speakers. Any potential downsides to this, or any issues that may pop up that I might not think of? Im not really an electronics person, so I'm a bit in the dark about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

CPS2 is easy as line level RCA outputs are readily available.

CPS1 is outputting speaker (amplified / high) level mono audio and you do not want to be connecting this directly to an amplifier without running it through a line level converter first.

Check eBay / Amazon etc for a speaker to line level converter. This will have wire inputs on one end and RCA output on the other. Then you could easily wire from jamma pin 10 (mono audio output) to the line level converter and take the RCA output to your amplifier.

Reactions: nem
Back