What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello,

I have this 25 sony trinitron CRT which the pcb died, the quality of the tube is excellent. Today, I found this video of an australian gent using a TV CRT with an arcade chassis (
) and the
result was quite good. Having said that, I'm wondering if anybpdy around here have tried his method using a sony trinitron CRT.

Thanks!

Trinitron uses a special tube / neck / focus / converging type which is not compatible with a standard single focus crt chassis.
In the guys video he has a normal type tube with single focus manual converging setup.

At one point during holidays i gathered around 3 tv's (samsung/hyundai/philips 29") but i ran into some problems pairing them with a MS9 chassis.
The philips was dual focus, with electronic convergence stage in the neck, and the ms9 is a single focus.
The samsung had bad burn that i didn't notice when i grabbed it from the street in the night, and even if it seemed 29" it was 'only 28' and could never fit my cab. The hyundai was again a double focus tube :(
For dual focus, this is usually paired with a DAF (digital auto focus?) unit on the original CRT which adjusts & samples in real time the focus of the edges of the screen so it's pitch perfect flat everywhere. I've no idea if you can manually add a DAF unit to single focus chassis, but i figured it wasn't worth my time. In the end i lucked out and got PFX from someone trashing a bowling machine which had no burn and super low operating hours.. it maxed out my crt meter :) .

Back